The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Good Day To Bad Day T_t

Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

So the tib has been sitting in the driveway for about a week and a half because the cable from the battery to the alternator(alt) has melted off. So I finally get up early enough to take it to the shop. I get there and the guy says he can't take a look at it until this afternoon so I say that's fine I'll leave it with you.

He calls when I'm almost at work with my moms van and says it's finished. When I replaced the alternator last week, and had to get a new bolt that it pivots on, I got the closest bolt I could but it had a little play in it because it wasn't thick enough. Apparently this allowed the alt to shift under heavy load, i.e. My driving style lol, and pinched the wire causing a short that heated the wire enough to melt.

So he replaced the wire and charges me $141 which isn't bad considering I was prepared to have to replace the alt again. Well I'm at work so I can't get it. My mom decides she will be nice and goes to pick it up for me. She pays for it, puts $10 in gas in and fills the tires with air because she said they looked low.

Well she then brings the car up to me at work and we swap vehicles. This is when she tells me she put air in the tires and I asked how much psi she filled them too. She told me she put 40psi in. I said they are supposed to be 35 max but I'll just let some air out after work.

Well midnight comes around and it's time to go home. It's about -20C with the windchill so I decide to drive home and let the air out in the morning. Well I got 5 minutes from home and I heard a loud bang like someone threw something at my car really hard. I immediately turned the car around to see if I ran something over or if someone was running away. I didn't find anything so I continued home.

Finally get home and give the car a look over and what do I find... a flat tire. My tire blew on my 8 mile trip T_T

Now I have to replace 2 tires or see if it can't be plugged.

Well that ends my little speal.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Wow that really sucks.... atleast the alternator was an easy fix though.

What do you have low-pro tires on it?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

no the tires on it are actually bigger than they should be. Car came that way. They are 195/65/R15.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

ouch man tell me i wont have to deliver a tire toooo. lol jk hope all goes well