The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

GODDAM RUST IM GOING TO MURDER YOU

Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

DAY 5

welp, i knew it would come to this....anywho, i finally got my parts in from nissan. in the time it took to order it, the wife had a TPMS sensor fail and she got a flat. she took it to a tire store and i told em to just put a rubber valve stem in. the following conversation occured:

"just swap it out for a rubber one for now, i gotta replace all of them soon"

"sir i cant swap it to a rubber valve stem, thats very illegal and if you are caught with a rubber valve stem YOUR CAR WILL BE IMPOUNDED AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL"

"yes because cops are on the look out for felons with rubber valve stems"

anywho, i told him to pound sand after he told me he wanted $200 INSTALLED for the TPMS that DOESNT EVEN INCLUDE PROGRAMMING, which only nissan or a guy with consult can do. so i told him to just put the spare on.

wife drives home, i go to make sure the stupid tpms isnt just loose or somethin, i look over at the spare tire they put on for her and 2 lug nuts are about to fall off and 1 is missing.

SUPER RAGE MODE- ill just give a tl;dr: called manager some profane terms.

anyways back to the og topic, installed the parts for the struts today and just to show you the kind of shitty luck i have, when i started working on the car it was party cloudy, forecast said 10% chance of rain. I removed the strut and naturally, it began to storm.

welp, its already off, why reinstall the bad parts so i just kept truckin, i replaced the bushings/bearings on the strut.

once that was on, took the "illegal no tpms" tire to the auto hobby shop again and said f*ck it, ill swap all of the damn sensors out. so all 4 got the super illegal rubber valve stem treatement.

while i was there and had the tire off, i decided to replace the bolts from the screwed up rear shock.

car handles awesome now, such a relief!!

once its warmer ill get some pics and do my super secret piss off HKC wheel treatment.

ugh 5 days to do 4 tires and 4 struts/shocks
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Feds are gonna git you and yer illegal valve stems!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM

Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

i would be measuring and comparing to some other bushings...

i think advance sells energy suspension brand bushings (alot of em have grease zirc's)