The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Flyryde Shipping

Old 05-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any idea what's up with Chris and shipments from flyryde? I had a part ordered at the end of march which ended up not being in stock, so I emailed flyryde with no response. I proceeded to PM Chris here since this was where I found out about the site in the first place. He was very nice and worked with me and I decided to front more money for the GT upgrade since he said they just became available. After payment, he PM's me telling me they don't have them in stock. That's fine until he sent a PM saying he would retreve the part and let me know what was up on the 25th of April. Not a word from him since then, I know that many of you here respect him and know him better then I do. Any idea what's going on? I'm willing to wait for my product as long as I'm up to date on why it's not on its way. Correct me if I'm wrong but if someone can show me a better way to get what i've paid for. Thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hmm... 14 posts so you're fairly new and have made some logic. i like you already.

chris is a dear member of ours. i don't recall anyone having problems with him. the problem with flyryde is that it's not one setup just yet, it needs to be updated, and all parts shown must be in stock. the problem with e-stores is that what's on the shelves is just the box and not the object itself. he's doing everything he can to support this community. although it's a one man show, he's proven to us that just with a little faith and trust he'll get the part to us. depending on the part, sometimes it's really quick or it will take a few months. he's a nice guy but you know anytime with hyundai you're going to end up with some a*hole dealer who knows there's no market value behind chris's offers.

if you hear no response, wait another 2 weeks for him and send him an e-mail. he's got a lot of stuff besides flyryde happening and it's the problem that if you try to do everything at once it will prolongue. he'll come through, he always does.

it's worth the wait, his products are very well constructed. i've had his angel eyes for 6 months now and they're better than professional. i also have his CF EVO hood which is phenomenal. good luck, if he doesn't respond, we also have people who can contact him for you.

remember, hyundais are terrible to get parts for. parts are rare, hard to get, and expensive, usually very nice though. keep in mind that chris has always pulled through in the past and sent everyone their things within weeks sometimes month at a time.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

We love Chris, but he is one of those guys that needs to be constantly pestered, I'd suggest reminding him about once a week or leaving him a voicemail once in awhile, he's an honest guy, he's just broke and busy while trying to start this business. Trust me, you're not the only one waiting for stuff..lol. fing02.gif
Old 05-04-2006, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ Amen to that!
Old 05-04-2006, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Chris is a nice guy. I waited a while for my angel eyes but I was patient and Chris was real friendly about the whole thing. Just wait a week or two and PM him again..if he still doesnt respond Im sure RD will help you out. fing02.gif
Old 05-05-2006, 05:44 AM

This is turning into a gang bang chris hugg thread lmao.gif
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 AM

me so horny!

im glad i had good luck with chris smile.gif
Old 05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

My ass would be long gone if I didn't have the RD community backing me up like this.

Maverick, I do owe you an apology for the long wait, and lack of responce, I've not been on RD more than 5 minutes in the past week. Right now I'm getting blown up in AIM by 4 people at once, I'm late out the door to help my father with his business to get his office as nice and functional as mine smile.gif I also have been having a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy stupid hard time with Sun Automobile.

Get this,

In the past week, we've tried to make contact with our rep. Luckily for you guys I'm not a one man band any longer. My partner is a huge help to FlyRyde, and being that, he made the trip to Sun which is about an hour from me, and finally got some answers. Here's what we found out.

1, we wont be getting stock from Sun anymore. They cant even stay in stock for a week, so relying on them, has put me 4 orders back, and that = 4 angry customers to me. He told us that he'd be sending us about 20 referal orders a month, and its been two months, no customers. How could they when they couldn't even hold the stock enough for us. So they are sending us through one of our biggest suppliers we have already, who is purchasing 30,000 of Sun a month. We'll get there, but not right now, so I'll let our supplier buy up 30K a month until then. Meanwhile, I'll get the same prices as though it was taking place at Sun, I'll be looking better and better with my big supplier, and I'LL HAVE THEM IN FRIGGIN STOCK FOR ONCE!!!!

2, instead of sending us referals from inside california, they'll all go to my big supplier buying up 30K a month. That sucks, but to make it better, they'll send us referals from all other states. If you guys remember I had to raise a grip of cash in a day or two to get this deal with Sun, and I even made up some contracts so that if it came down to it, I'll be ok and sue a b!tch. But so far I've been getting nothing for my investment, and barely getting back to where I was before the whole "Put every dime you have into this buy-in Chris" issue.

What I do know is that they have Black in stock. Which is going to Mav, and I'm waiting myself on Red for my RD2, but they dont have a thing in red, and I need about 3 sets of em. Other customers have been waiting since I did the buy-in. Its been about 2-3 months for them. Thats just not fair. If it weren't for the killer price I gave, I'm POSITIVE I'd have had to refund cash and watch them go buy from some other supplier in hopes that SOMEBODY has this damn part and ships it to them.

Until I have lots of money coming in from FlyRyde, I cant warehouse, simple as that. Until I warehouse I have to rely on other Warehouse Suppliers. Sometimes their computers are wrong and say they have parts in stock and they really aren't up to date. Sometimes suppliers lie just to get your money locked in. Its all a game of chance on my end, and I do the very best I can to not show just how big of a struggle it is.

Now sometimes, I get orders, the FlyRyde software does its job, and I dont even know about the order until after its on its way to the customer, already shipped from my supplier. Thats IDEAL, but doesn't happen anywhere near enough right now. Most orders take tons of involvment from me, and I simply can only do the work of one man. A good man, not a lazy bone in my body, but a very very very busy man for sure.

But like my RD buds have filled in for me, I come through. Even if I have to swallow up extra costs and end up PAYING to get parts sent out. Sometimes my profits get chewed up and spit out before I even have a chance, but other times my work pays off big. Lets just put it this way, anybody who ever buys angel eyes, is helping pay for waaaaay more than just angel eyes. Thats the "save chris' ass fund" right there. lol.

I hope to have a box shipped to Israel today, and a Black GT sent to Mav today. Those are my two goals for Cinco de Drinko, then I go get plastered and call it a week wink1.gif
Old 05-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

check on TEIN too. their website says they're in stock. get on your suppliers azz about it
Old 05-05-2006, 11:25 PM

Thank you everyone here, especially to you chris, who have taken the time and energy to find me a solution. I have read a lot about how busy chris is in other posts and I realize that this isn't something that is going to pass quickly. It's nice to see a community stick with what they believe in and that there are still a few honest people in the world.

Chris, now that I see how truly busy you are outside of this forum, I have to say that I apologize for being pushy and kind of an @** by calling you out without knowing more. You know what they say about assumptions wink1.gif . Respects to you. I'll do my best to subside my impatience. Take the time you need.

Thanks, this can be closed