The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

F...ing Rip Off Ebay Seller

Old 05-14-2008, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Dear Guys

I got a problem with an Ebay Seller he tries to rip me off.
Let me explain the case , before I bought his stuff , I first emailed him about the shipping costs to germany and he answered me that ist 200$ for the D2 Coilover I was buying from him .
So I said to myself even if its still a little too expensive why not.
Later on he sends me a paypal invoice with the item price and 250 $ shipping costs , thats 50 $ more than he stated before.
I know 50$ isnt much , but that proofs that he isnt a reliable seller , I then send him several emails to please hold on his first staement about the shipping costs, but he doesnt answer them since three days just send me another invoice without the coreccted price, so I am a little worried and dont know how to handle this type of seller , maybe someone of you got experience with the seller his name on ebay is : tunerzimage , or someone got some advice for me to handle this situation.

Thanks for reading
Old 05-14-2008, 07:56 AM

I wouldnt pay. If you're having problems like that before you even pay for it, god only knows what kind of problems you'll have later.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Agreed. If you don't pay and he gives you negative feedback, report him to ebay pasting the message when he tells you it's $200.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

give the guy a little slack! Dang, at least email him back and say that he said $200 before and you agreed to that. Who knows either he has several sales going on and forgot or just is trying to make a little extra and thought you'd forgotten.. who knows. I bet if you email him back he'll fix it though. Sellers are afraid of getting negative feedback.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned

just email him and tell him he said 200$, and if its not 200$, then you don't want it.. not that big of a deal..

tell him, if its 250$, you dont want them, simple as that. no reason to say hes a f...ing ripoff ebay seller. he could have gotten an actual price quote and it was higher than 200$. he could have forgot.. simple mistake.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey man, if you need something sent over Im sure someone here could do it. I know it wouldnt be 200 bucks.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I think the bottom line is that for a business to deal with international shipping, its a pain in the ass. I get probably 10-20 people a month who want quotes on big heavy items shipped to their country. Right now I have a customer from the country of Jordan, who's ording some rotors, and the box weighs like 65 or 70lbs. So my first quote to him was 533.50 via Fedex. That rate may change in just a week or so, as gas charges are escalating higher and higher by the day. If I can, I'd like to get him the rotors for maybe 400 shipping, but if I can't come through on that, he'll have no choice but to pay what it costs. I'm not even making 50 bucks on this order, so figure if he wants me to eat the 50, like dude up top here, than I'm literally pulling money out of MY wallet, so he can buy some carparts half way around the world.

What I'm getting at, is dont assume you're dealing with some fat greedy businessman clad in gold chains. It might be somebody who's only making 20 bucks off your order, so for him to LOOSE 30 bucks, PLUS all the time it took to deal with you, isn't fair at all. Its not about "BUT YOU SAAAAAAID!!!!!" cause that's just the rationale of a child. I'm not calling anyone out, please dont think that, I'm just saying if you start pulling the "YOU SAID!" card, then forget about it. Its hard enough that tons of international customers ask and ask and bug dealers for quotes, then never order since they can't fork out the dough for shipping. That's just business, and all the time it takes to deal with them is money lost.

Just you're friendly neighborhood vendor explaining my point of view wink1.gif Hope it all works out!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Well put blacktibs, the only reason i said not to do it is because since the price increase he emailed the seller on more then one occasion just asking why and he never responded, you'd think that if it was "sorry cost of gas went up, going to cost more then expected" that he could spare the 20 seconds to type that and hit send, that's why I would be leery.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Maybe the title was a bit too harsh, but please read clearly through my first post.
Before i was ordering this product from him I asked him per email about the shipping costs and he answered right back that they are 200 $ bucks , after that I bought the coilovers, but now he sent me a paypal invoice with 250 $ shipping costs , thats not ok so I kept writing him mails about that mistake and no replies from him.
I mean I started to write him the first mail 3 days and still no answer ( I wrote him more than 3 mails to check out this case)
But the only thing I get from him are all together 3 paypal invoices with no answer about the shipping costs, thats why I decided to start this thread and asks for advice.
I am not such a low life and make big trouble about 50$ , but I guess anybody would do so if the seller is able to sell his products , but dont provide any kind of customer service.
Now I am absolutely sure that I wont buy his stuff , it wont even bother me if he give me a negative feedback.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Well it sucks you're having such a hard time. You did do the right thing by getting a quote before paying, and they haven't followed through like they should have. You haven't done anything wrong, and hopefully will just get what you wanted at the same price, or get your cash back. It sounds like a company that gets a ton of orders and figures as long as they take care of 90% of them, the other 10% that have problems wont hurt them too much. Looks like you're in that 10% probably along with the rest of the international customers 02.gif