The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

F*ck Harris Tire!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

most places cannot do 17's =(

my advice is file a claim with the BBB or take them to court. also, be sure to grease your lugs, you'll find it's a lot easier to work them.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkrswld @ Aug 27 2009, 01:47 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Gotta love the guys that like to play NASCAR and see how fast they can change your sh*t while using impacts. Sucks.</div>
NASCAR wannabe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(03AccentVA @ Aug 27 2009, 05:02 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>BTW: Kid called my tach a "race meter" and wanted to fail me for it (not a failable item). Someone out there may call it a "race meter" but I mean, come on It's got tachometer written on it in case you don't know what to call it!</div>
like i said NASCAR wannabe.

i only let my car friends work on my tires because i know they will do the work right. most shop workers never see the customer, so they dont care about the quality of their work, they just want the paycheck.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iheartmyredcar @ Aug 28 2009, 01:24 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>i only let my car friends work on my tires because i know they will do the work right. most shop workers never see the customer, so they dont care about the quality of their work, they just want the paycheck.</div>
I beg to differ. I never let my friends touch my car, one reason most of my friends dumbasses, but the major reason is if your friend fucks something up your screwed, YOU have to pay to get it fixed right. If a professional shop fucks something up there are ways to get your money back or have them fix it right at their cost. And shop workers do care about the quality of their work because the most powerful tool in the business world is customer recomendations. The only thing I do myself is the oil changes.

03AccentVA you should have gone right back up there and cussed the owner/manager/top person in front of the other customers until they fixed it.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It's difficult (although not impossible) for a semi-qualified friend to screw anything up worse than the original cost of taking the car to a shop. If you do things regularly you'll wind up paying far less even if screw ups are a regular occurrence, which in my experience they aren't. I figure that I've done over $10,000 worth of free labor to friends cars this year so far, and we've had $0 worth of issues come out of it.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

well let me rephrase this, i ONLY let certain friends touch my car. smile.gif
Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I recently started paying people to do things on my car. Its so much easier.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

not properly seating the hubs and over tightening with the gun..tsk..tsk..fucking turds!!

i always hand tighten the lug's and snug them with the gun and torque them to oem specs

it's also a good idea to get a metal brush and clean the wheel hub to make sure it bolts flush with the wheel, a little grease on it won't hurt either
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

Help me out, I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

Choice # 1: Say f*ck it all, buy the parts again, and fix it myself again.

Choice # 2: Go back raise hell, make them fix it, but that'll give them another chance to f*ck up something else up.

Or Choice # 3: Same as choice 1 but I also buy 5 gallons of gasoline, burn their building to the ground, and dance in the ashes. rockon.gif

3 isn't really an option but it's fun to think about smile.gif
Old 09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

With the price of new studs I would just do it myself and write a letter to their manager letting him know why they will never get your business again.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

i would demand compensation for the occured damage from their SH*T undertrained tech who fucked it up,
so at least they don't F*CK up the studs again..don't even let the morons touch ur car,