The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

F******* B**** # 2

Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

It's a crack along my GT Wing
Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ Where's the wing? Where's the crack? What's the silver? Is that a wall? What's with all the dust? Are we there yet?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 PM

The black going from top to bottom of the frame is the GT Wing, silver to the left is concrete beneath it. It's not dust, it's salt and grime because I live 150 meters from a beach and it's been raining for about 5 days of the week.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

So they must've backed into you pretty hard for it to cause that sort of damage.

Maybe it's God trying to tell you something... i.e.: maybe he's not a fan of the GT wing, lol.

j/k

Seriously though, that sucks. Have you had any luck tracking these fvckers down?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:56 AM

^^ The one responsible was supposed to come forth tonight and give me his details. They never showed, I managed to get a first name out of one of the guys that he works with, "Pete" is his name. I'll be ringing their business on Monday asking some questions and trying to find out some more info so the cops can take it further.

The quote for the repairs was $2000, if it has to come out of my pocket which is looking likely, I can do a lot of the disassembly to lower it to around a grand.

It's just not my week, the RTA have set up a new speed camera in front of my work, all the warning signs stating that its active are still blacked out, I went through it tonight and the bastard flashed me........doing approx 75-80 in a 70 Zone, been through it at those speeds a few times over the week and nothing happened...

owned.gif
Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 PM

^ $2000!!?? Farken' hell mate!

For $500 you should be able to get an RD2 rear hatch with glass from a wrecking yard (that's what I was quoted a while back). Have that trimmed around the tail-lights to suit the 1st Gen tails & then have it painted to match (maybe another $300) & you'd be rockin' the first Coupe of its kind in Australia... maybe even the world fing02.gif

About the speed camera, I'm not 100% sure how it works but I have heard of cameras flashing & no fine ever being issued: something about them not having any film in them at the time. That said, I'm pretty sure they'd be digital now, so the film thing could just be a myth.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:38 PM

I like the RD2 idea, 'trimmed' wouldn't the tailight sections have to be cut and then a RD1 section grafted on? $600 of the quote was for the GT Wing, and about another $300-400 was for just disassembly and little things like badges, which I don't want replaced, I'd rather them left off. I'd have to have a chat with Brian, who is the owner of Budgewoi Smash, which did the quote for me. I also was going to have them fix the two 'key' cuts in the driver and passenger sides of the car, so basically the whole car is going to be getting a spray.

Bretton from PSC also rang last night, he can do me a new GT Wing for $160 instead of $500, also my V3 Halo's are ready to go so I should have them on Tuesday with my Vaccum Manifold that Tanc sent me.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:23 PM

I had a good look at a friend's RD2 back when he still had it. I'm fairly certain that by simply trimming & grinding part of the metal around the tail-lights to follow the line of the RD1 tails, the hatch should pretty much be a straight swap. The angle where the hatch joind the bumper in between the lights is also slightly different but they both latch in the same spot.

Good deal on the wing: I remember PSC wanting to off-load some GT-wings a little while back at reduced prices but what he's quoted you is about half of the old discounted price. Bretton's a top bloke.

To be honest though... if you do the hatch thing, leave the wing off. That little kick in the RD2 hatch makes for a very clean Coupe arse fing02.gif
Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Hmmmmm, I like the idea, but I'd have to have a good look at it, because custom fitting can run up a fairly solid bill if things aren't as simple as they seem. I'd say it'd be cheaper to just have the boot lid fixed & buy another GT Wing.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 AM

The mofo came in tonight to work and offered his details, well not entirely, he would only write his name down and refused to show me his licence or give me insurance details. He requested to see the damage, he then gave me a speel how it wasn't $2k of damage and that a mate of his will fix it for less, I almost laughed, his mate is going nowhere near my car. He'll do it on the cheap so he can get out of this easy because he has no insurance. I wasn't going to argue to much, since I had him now, he also brought down a few of his mates as 'moral' support.....

After a little bit of a discussion on that the car is going to my choice of smash repairers, he walked off. I then went back outside and thankfully he aint too bright, he drove the ute he hit me with down to the pub. I grabbed the rego details quick smart.

Tomorrow, I'll call my insurance and have my car fixed while them chase him for the money.