The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Ebay Seller: Gripforce-clutches

Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

wow i hate ebay sellers. i ordered a flywheel from GripForce Clutches on friday the 13th. now here we are the next weds i call GFC because UPS guy said he didnt have my package. i figure i better get a tracking number so i can see if its even close.

i call them up and the guy tried to tell me that he didnt recieve my payment. at this point i start to get a lil fustrated, i tell the guy hold on and pull up my recipts from paypal, ebay, and them. all of a sudden the guy is like oh yea i see it here. we didnt get the payment till today. at this point i say to the guy " what do you mean u didnt get the payment. all three of these recipets show payment made on the 13th."

the guy trys to give me the run around like oh well u know when u cash checks at your bank it takes 24 hours to clear. i tell him like i know it does i cashed a check to make the purchase on the 13th and then another check two days ago that cleared yesterday. you have no reason to wait till today, i tell the guy i want to talk to the manager.

manager gets on the phone and i tell him that i'm a repeat customer and that last year i had bought a clutch from them and this year when i was researching who to get a flywheel from i had be refered from RDtiburon.com that many members had the product and were happy with it. then i explain the situation and how i would like them to overnight it to me as i ordered last week and its allready been almost a week.

at this point the manager does what you never ever do to a customer in retail. he told me that this whole situation was my fault and if i wanted the part tommarow i would have to pay another 80 dollars. i tell the guy that what he is saying is just inacceptable. its rediculous to try and tell me that even thought i have reciepts saying i payed them last week that because they never recieved it that its my own fault and i must be the one to blame.

i told the guy that we dont do business like that back on this side of the country and what him not fixing the problem is just bad customer service. he replys by saying i dont know what to tell you sir, it wont be there till next tuesday or weds.

I will never ever buy or promote their buisness or products ever agin. i just last week bought a clutch from carolinaclutches.com and they had it to me 3 days later. i bought it on a friday and it was there tueday. i hope that none of you guys will ever buy their products either because their shipping is horrible and there customer service is even worse. i guess in california the customer is allways wrong mad.gif
Old 07-18-2007, 01:38 PM

wow that does suck, did you get a tracking number for it yet at least?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:22 PM

should have gone with a southbend. wink1.gif

sorry, i had to smile.gif
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 PM

i really should have but i cant afford to spend more then 180 on the flywheel. i work at autozone and they want 130 for the stocker
Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

that's pretty shitty. shame too, thought they were one of the good ebay vendors through the emails i saw with members.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

thats unfortunate for you, although I got mine quickly

but im sure alot of people have had much worse experiances with online purchases, i waited prolly 3 months for a magnaflow cat.

Took 3 weeks to sort out my "instant payment", then they supposidly sent it, i called periodically and they assured me it was sent; a month later it still hadnt come, and i called them and b****ed them out saying this was retarded, and then he said somebody must have never sent it out, ill send it out today, then i got it a week later.

This whole time i was driving without an exhaust waiting for it.

lol
Old 07-19-2007, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Did you send a instant payment or was it an ECheck? I've got one I'm still waiting to clear from a member here from last week.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:19 PM

aparently it was echeck but i didnt see any where where i could choose a payment option other then ebay balance or bank account. but even if that was the case why would the company send me an e-mail saying that they recieved the payment on the 13th.

i guess what pissed me off the most is when the manager told me that this isnt his fault and that the whole situation was my fault. i even asked him twice to make sure that was what he was saying, he told me thats how they do it out in california. mad.gif damn hollywood ass bastards
Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well in that case no ones really at fault here.

They told you they recieved payment because they did, you pay something via check and they will mark it "recieved" whenever they physically (or electronically) recieve it but wont credit your account (AKA ship it out) until the money is actually in their account, which takes 3 days to a week.

So there isnt really too much of a complaint left then.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:43 PM

I agree, e checks take forever to clear, i sold something on here recently and it took about a week for the echeck to clear