Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Ebay Seller: Gripforce-clutches (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/ebay-seller-gripforce-clutches-44103/)

optimoprime 07-18-2007 01:12 PM

wow i hate ebay sellers. i ordered a flywheel from GripForce Clutches on friday the 13th. now here we are the next weds i call GFC because UPS guy said he didnt have my package. i figure i better get a tracking number so i can see if its even close.

i call them up and the guy tried to tell me that he didnt recieve my payment. at this point i start to get a lil fustrated, i tell the guy hold on and pull up my recipts from paypal, ebay, and them. all of a sudden the guy is like oh yea i see it here. we didnt get the payment till today. at this point i say to the guy " what do you mean u didnt get the payment. all three of these recipets show payment made on the 13th."

the guy trys to give me the run around like oh well u know when u cash checks at your bank it takes 24 hours to clear. i tell him like i know it does i cashed a check to make the purchase on the 13th and then another check two days ago that cleared yesterday. you have no reason to wait till today, i tell the guy i want to talk to the manager.

manager gets on the phone and i tell him that i'm a repeat customer and that last year i had bought a clutch from them and this year when i was researching who to get a flywheel from i had be refered from RDtiburon.com that many members had the product and were happy with it. then i explain the situation and how i would like them to overnight it to me as i ordered last week and its allready been almost a week.

at this point the manager does what you never ever do to a customer in retail. he told me that this whole situation was my fault and if i wanted the part tommarow i would have to pay another 80 dollars. i tell the guy that what he is saying is just inacceptable. its rediculous to try and tell me that even thought i have reciepts saying i payed them last week that because they never recieved it that its my own fault and i must be the one to blame.

i told the guy that we dont do business like that back on this side of the country and what him not fixing the problem is just bad customer service. he replys by saying i dont know what to tell you sir, it wont be there till next tuesday or weds.

I will never ever buy or promote their buisness or products ever agin. i just last week bought a clutch from carolinaclutches.com and they had it to me 3 days later. i bought it on a friday and it was there tueday. i hope that none of you guys will ever buy their products either because their shipping is horrible and there customer service is even worse. i guess in california the customer is allways wrong mad.gif

Dweet 07-18-2007 01:38 PM

wow that does suck, did you get a tracking number for it yet at least?

xxxmonoxidechild 07-18-2007 03:22 PM

should have gone with a southbend. wink1.gif

sorry, i had to smile.gif

optimoprime 07-18-2007 10:19 PM

i really should have but i cant afford to spend more then 180 on the flywheel. i work at autozone and they want 130 for the stocker

01tibby 07-19-2007 09:25 AM

that's pretty shitty. shame too, thought they were one of the good ebay vendors through the emails i saw with members.

Alex01tib 07-19-2007 09:36 AM

thats unfortunate for you, although I got mine quickly

but im sure alot of people have had much worse experiances with online purchases, i waited prolly 3 months for a magnaflow cat.

Took 3 weeks to sort out my "instant payment", then they supposidly sent it, i called periodically and they assured me it was sent; a month later it still hadnt come, and i called them and b****ed them out saying this was retarded, and then he said somebody must have never sent it out, ill send it out today, then i got it a week later.

This whole time i was driving without an exhaust waiting for it.

lol

REDZMAN 07-19-2007 10:19 AM

Did you send a instant payment or was it an ECheck? I've got one I'm still waiting to clear from a member here from last week.

optimoprime 07-19-2007 10:19 PM

aparently it was echeck but i didnt see any where where i could choose a payment option other then ebay balance or bank account. but even if that was the case why would the company send me an e-mail saying that they recieved the payment on the 13th.

i guess what pissed me off the most is when the manager told me that this isnt his fault and that the whole situation was my fault. i even asked him twice to make sure that was what he was saying, he told me thats how they do it out in california. mad.gif damn hollywood ass bastards

Alex01tib 07-19-2007 10:28 PM

Well in that case no ones really at fault here.

They told you they recieved payment because they did, you pay something via check and they will mark it "recieved" whenever they physically (or electronically) recieve it but wont credit your account (AKA ship it out) until the money is actually in their account, which takes 3 days to a week.

So there isnt really too much of a complaint left then.

KustomizedTiburon 07-19-2007 10:43 PM

I agree, e checks take forever to clear, i sold something on here recently and it took about a week for the echeck to clear

JonGTR 07-20-2007 06:14 AM

It takes 3 business days for Paypal to clear.
You bought it on the 13th........14th, (skip sunday),16th, 17th.

You b****ed for nothing.

If you want to b**** about something valid, try the quality and claims of their clutches. I had one and it didn't hold near 250whp, and they were claiming like 300. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

optimoprime 07-20-2007 06:25 AM

well not really i orderd a act clutch last friday and it was here tuesday night.

optimoprime 11-07-2007 08:19 PM

UPDATE

here we are not even 6 months later and the flywheel had teeth break on the ring gear and several were chipped. i asked them to warrenty their part and they said it must have been starter. but the starter wasnt even 3 moths on when i put the flywheel on there. this company is bullshit, dont waste your time with their products or horrible customer service.

i'm out the 175 for this flywheel plus my car has been down for a week now dealing with them. only to find out i have to spend another 175 to buy another flywheel from XTD and wait another week to get it from them.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Mad_john 11-08-2007 07:54 AM

I can see where they are coming from. but they could have handled way better then they did.. i will say this they are assholes and then some.

optimoprime 01-22-2008 10:51 AM

just wanted to update everyone that when i was doing my engine swap i found that the flywheel is now starting to crack at its center

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h...ta2swap037.jpg
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h...ta2swap052.jpg
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h...ta2swap032.jpg

its still works just fine but still it shouldnt be doing this after only 2 months in the car. i called them back up and b****ed them out agin, now they are sending me one for free but this time too they tried to tell me it was my fault and not their product. then they went on about how they need more pics to prove its manufactor defect.

this is the worst e-bay seller i have ever had to deal with

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">PLEASE DONT GIVE THESE CLOWNS YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

SOCKS_old 01-22-2008 11:15 AM

when i ordered my flywheel from them, it came in 2 or 3 days.. i have been very satisfied with their parts and service so far. i have also recommended grip force a few times. everyone was satisfied with their service.

optimoprime 01-22-2008 05:50 PM

well i've gotten 2 deffective flywheels from them in the past 6 months i wouldnt ever spend another dime with them. their product is crap and their customer service is shittier

Denisst99 01-24-2008 03:29 PM

damn...

you're sure you have the good flywheel for your crank? 41mm and 35mm ?,
was it a snug fit on the crank pilot?

Alex01tib 01-24-2008 04:19 PM

got mine quick too, and works fine, thing is, every company has some form of bad feedback; show me one company that has never had a dissatisfied customer...

You wont agree, but thats another thing, you couldnt get every person to agree on anything either wink1.gif

optimoprime 01-24-2008 04:32 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denisst99 @ Jan 24 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn...

you're sure you have the good flywheel for your crank? 41mm and 35mm ?,
was it a snug fit on the crank pilot?</div>

yea its a 35mm crank and it fits nicely its just poorly made. if i had more cash to blow i would get a fidanza but i ended up getting a stocker on my beta 2 for free and they sent me one for free. so i'm planning to sell that one they gave me and if i ever have another problem i'm going to just put a stocker on and say to hell with it.

renante 01-25-2008 01:47 PM

gripforce clutches.

the experience from me is that they're a good ebay reseller.
I bought the heavy duty clutch kit.
and I bought the lightened flywheel 41mm crank from somewhere else.

clutch kit i've had for 2 years, lightened flywheel about 3-4 years.
after the installation, the flywheel and clutch kit I had to run it in, that means.
in the first 1000kms, I had to look after the setup and not drive it hard, drive it at 2nd and 3rd gears.
no pushing the boundaries and see if the flywheel and clutch can handle the workload.

tdonnell 01-26-2008 09:57 AM

^^^ Yeah, definately break it in for at least 500 miles.

The only issue I had with the grip-force clutches was the minimal (.015") pad thickness before it would be scuffing rivets. The clutchmasters 6 puck I have has .055" of pad thickness before it will be scuffing the rivets.

As for the gripforce, it did hold well, but I only have 160 whp. I did't like the fact that it engaged all the way at the top of the pedal (this was because the disc thickness was about 2/3 - 1/2 the thickness of the stock disc, and everyone knows when a clutch disc wears out and gets thinner, the pedal engages higher because the pp has to fill the gap.

01steve 01-26-2008 12:28 PM

did you torque the bolts down to spec?

and break it in properly?

i'm sorry to hear yuo had so much trouble w/ them...

Denisst99 01-31-2008 09:53 PM

each grip force, f1 racing (e-bay special clutch kit) i've seen never holded more then 10-12 psi of boost... with their 4 or 6 pucks discs
an ACT clutch kit with their street disc (modified organic full faced) endured 14 psi of boost for a year and i'm sure it could have used more,disc was replaced with a 4 pucks, same pressure plate was re-used in prevision for higher boost

go for a proven brand and most of the time you'll be happy with it

optimoprime 01-31-2008 11:50 PM

^^^to anyone who stumbles apon this please dont waste your time or money with these guys. they wont warrenty their product and they treat their customers like shit. why would u want someone like that to even have your money??

if you have to go cheap go with XTD (the other ebay brand)

i just hope one guy will listen to me and not have to go thru the headaches i went thru with these guys. if it helps one person i'm happy.