The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Dropzone Springs!

Old 03-14-2007, 04:37 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Ye of little faith.... they already have the boxes made.. LOL
Old 03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
DTN

<div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">Thought you might like to see this.</span></span></span></div><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"></div></span>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">Good morning Adam!</span></span></span></div><span style="font-family:Arial"><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier this week but I get so many emails that it's difficult to reply to all quickly!</span></span></span></div><div align='left'><span style="color:#0000ff">[/color]<span style="font-family:Arial"> </div><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">Thank you for your invaluable technical info relating to your Tiburon. I forwarded your email to both the owner and technical director of DropZone and according to our tech we will resolve this issue sooner than originally scheduled. That doesn't mean that it's top priority but since we now have additional data on your generation it can move a little faster. </span></span></span><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff">We have three phases of R&D and our tech moved your car into the 2nd phase which should be resolved in 3 to 6 months instead of 9 - 12 as I previously told you. We also agree to give you at no charge our first test set of springs to show our appreciation for your help.</span></span></span></div><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0000ff"></span></span></span></div><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">[color="#0000ff"]Keep in touch from time to time for update or to remind me to follow up!</span></span></span></div><div align='left'></span> </div><div align='left'><span style="font-family:Arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Again Thank you!</span></span></span></div></div>

WOOT!!!111!1one!1!!shift+1!!!!exclamation point!!!

even though he already said 6 months on the phone... they're in phase 2.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im glad they are going to make the right ones for us. as for cutting the springs, if the right ones arent even made, he couldnt have exchanged them. and while it will effect the spring rate and ride height a little and maybe the strut life, it wont be bad safety wise. guys with mr2s cut their springs in half and drive for years with them like that.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
DTN

Does this mean I'll be able to list these as DropZone Prototype springs?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

no, because you cut them to make them the right size. dropzone will actually MAKE them to be the right size.

i've never even heard of drop zone. do they make quality stuff?

i don't think anyone would buy drop zone vs eibach or h&r anyway..
Old 03-17-2007, 11:36 AM

^^^
That depends on the price.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:17 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Mar 17 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no, because you cut them to make them the right size. dropzone will actually MAKE them to be the right size.

i've never even heard of drop zone. do they make quality stuff?

i don't think anyone would buy drop zone vs eibach or h&r anyway..</div>

Zoned: read the thread. They're sending me their FIRST set of test springs when they come off the line. Not the ones I made work. The ones I don't have yet.

Supposedly they make the best springs available for Eclipse. My buddy has a Mitsu Eclipse and told me that I made a great decision when i bought them initially and that he was impressed. But apparently, they had some quality control issues with the ones that i had (model DZ 5050 S Tibuon01/02 mislabled). I dunno if these springs will be high quality or not. I'll post pix and make sure I do a very good review when I actually get them. For now, they've proven themselves to others as being a high quality spring.

As far as price goes, the dropzone rep to whom I spoke said "they're always right around the same price". Most on E-Bay are $80-100, or about $250 when they make a shock/spring combo.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

after the orginal problem i know for me at least that i'm not fvckin with dropzone at all.

what kind of a reputable company would let this happen at all? in all reality they are fixing it for you because they know you could sue the shit out of them for multiple things including false advertisement.

i hope that anyone who searches for dropzone at all will read this thread and know not to mess with them or their products now or ever PERIOD END OF STORY.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
DTN

I've been working with Bill at DropZone for a while now. Apparently I'm the only person who's still calling about these springs. He's trying to get them made correctly, but because there are larger markets out there and we're such a small market, it's going to be a bit longer. I wish I had gone with Eibach in the first place...

There is a recall on the DZ 5050 spring set. A new one will be made eventually.

BTW... I call them about once a week.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Elantra

Way to stick to it!