The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Domestic owners bitching about "real cars"...

Old 12-12-2004, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spark Plugs

Ok...I know this has been spewed on every other forum before...but eh...might as well bring it up in here.

The endless debate of a "real car". Domestic car owners b**** about imports as rice burners that are powered by 4-bangers...yet they constantly say that the ol' muscle cars were "real cars". Please...if by definition, a real car means a car that consumes and pollutes the air faster than just setting gasoline on fire, then yes...by all means...those cars were definitely real cars. Does a 'real car' also mean a heavy turd, sh!tty-to-no suspension and handlng (aka straight line only), extremely torquey and no high-end HP, and has the same aerodynamic drag as a brick? Yes? Well..then...those were "real cars" then.

Oh no...the instant people see an import, they immediate say rice burner (even if it's not riced out). If said 'rice burner' could beat your old, out-dated muscle car, then yes...I'm proud of driving that rice burner. If 'rice burner' is supposed to be a derrogatory attack at import tuners, then I severely fail to see any derrogatory meaning in "rice burner". Oh no...it's a foreign car...fvck...most domestic cars are made in foreign countries these days!

I applaud the thick-headed, muscle car tuners who think that American brand names means the product is far superior than any other brand name out there. Oh...and I'm surprised people aren't b****ing at companies like Ford and Daimler-Chrysler, who have merged/worked with foreign car companies. Well...Ford bought out Jaguar and Aston-Martin, and now they've stolen such technologies and implemented on all of their cars. If anything, American car companies sure know how to steal technologies and label it as their own. Oh...and D-C working w/Hyundai and Mitsu a while ago. Gratz. D-C sure knows how to back-stab Mitsu when they were in a time of crisis...but I suppose they had that coming anyway.

So...a lesson learned here is that...with certain American automotive products, whenever you buy one, you can think about the lying/stealing/deception that goes on, unaware to the majority of the world. And you're most likely not buying a domestic product, but an imported product. Fvck...I think the sand on the beach is more American than most domestic cars these days.

Yeah...constant b!tching and whatnot. I don't really care anymore. If anything, when a muscle car owner calls you a rice burner/ricer, and you've got power to easily take him on...just race him in front of all of his friends. Then again...I suppose the problem these days is the fact that most import tuner/ricers really don't have any power at all...so in a way, I guess this was a pointless debate/gripe.[/i]
Old 12-12-2004, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Previously unreleased Tibbychick lingerie shot.

I feel you man. Personally, I would never buy a car that has not been rallied yet. If they f*n think that real cars were muscle cars and we should be driving American cars, WHY THE FVCK has Ford not won the World Rally Championship for like 10 straight years? Why did they ALWAYS place behind imports Peugeot, Subaru, and Citroen!?!?!?! Infact, Ford haven't won anything close to a rally in the past like 5 years. Again, why are muscle cars not rallying?

ArcticChill, ask one of your "muscle buddies" to take his American car out in the snow. I will bet you you and him will have to wake up your neighbors to get the shovels out and start pushin'.

FVCK that man. to me, a car is a car. people are people. you can do anything to any car as long as money is money.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Ugliest Tibs around

I don't have any muscle car owners as my "buddies"...simply b/c most of them are arrogant and ignorant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>FVCK that man. to me, a car is a car. people are people. you can do anything to any car as long as money is money.</div>

I agree with you 100%. Any average car could be made into a said "super car". However, that involves a crapload of money. But then domestic car owners brag about how they don't have to spend a lot to get their cars to produce a lot of power. I beg to differ. Our cars imports are relatively cheap to begin with, and we spend most of our money putting power into it. Not to mention, or MPG, in the long run, is much better than domesitics. Compared to domestics though, we probably end up with a little under the same price a domestic car owner spent on his car,...and in the long run, the domestic car owner ends up spending more money for his gas guzzling brick.

I'm sorry, but muscle car owners need to spend a lot less time inhaling their gas fumes at idle and get with the real world. Oh wow...I just took out my entire cat to gain 1/2 HP. Whoa...I'm awesome. :roll:

I'm just waiting for some muscle car douche bag to reply to this and attempt to flame me, while he'll just prove my point. Muscle cars are nothing but red-neck drag racing vehicles. However, there are some domestic vehicles that have more uses beyond just the drag strip...but that's a rarity amongst muscle cars.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: parts cost more

i think a real car dominates all aspect of performance.. with that said the only way to go is a AWD turboed car smile.gif
Old 12-20-2004, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: The "I hate winter thread"

I think that is the exact reason the STi and the EVO have swept the american market. Very fun cars to drive in either season.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Re: The "I hate winter thread"

I don't think a "real car" exists. In all honesty, the driver and owner makes the car's performance. If you hook up your car insanely, you can still suck at driving, thus giving no point to what you have done to the car. Not only that, but it DOES NOT MATTER if you drive a foreign or domestic car. Fords are pieces of crap, as are Kias (and that was just one example). For all the bad cars, you have the good. It all matters on the driver/owner for how that car is displayed.

That's just my 2 cents. I'm so sick of hearing domestic car owners complaining about foreign cars, and I'm also sick of hearing foreign car owners giving a sermon on how their car is better because they put neons and spinners on it.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Holy Crap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dweet)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think a real car dominates all aspect of performance.. with that said the only way to go is a AWD turboed car smile.gif</div>

screw that .. id go with a RWD turboed car ....
Old 12-28-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Re: PICK YOUR FAVORITE KOREAN BODYKIT!!!

hope where you live it doesnt precipitate
Old 12-28-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Solo Loses It Part 1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dweet)</div><div class='quotemain'>hope where you live it doesnt precipitate</div>

ya i know, here in las vegas nevada, it just floods all the time! ..
Old 01-13-2005, 01:05 AM

I have my Tib and my first car (1975 Pontiac Ventura) so I have experienced both sides of the spectrum. I must admit working on my Tib has been more fun than working on the Ventura.

I love how I can get tons of power out of a little 2.0L even if it is alot different kind of power compared to my Venturas 7.6L monster. I enjoy cruising in the Tib cause I can cruise alot and the gas gauge doesn't drop like a rock even when engaging in some "spirited driving".

When I drive the Ventura after driving the Tib it seems like I am driving such a oversized unrefined sloppy feeling beast LOL. But it is my first love and I could never give her up now he he.