The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Damn Car Wash

Old 05-02-2006, 04:21 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've had a SR high mount spoiler on my vehical for 8000 miles now. Today i took it to a car wash and it came off and cracked. Looking at it closely, it looks like one of those dumbshits hit it and cracked it when they were doing the car wash and the air vibrated it loose afterwards. They WILL be paying for it. I'm so pissed. That SR spoiler looked good painted cobalt blue on my vehical.

I just left the damn thing with them. It's kinda messed up because i'm on a road trip right now and won't be able to return tomorrow or anything. I should have never trusted those f***ers after they went on strike yesterday. Those cockmasters don't give a shit now.

Now that they took 1 May off work, Lets all get together and celebrate cinco de mayo at this f***in' car wash.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

If you can't get anyone to help pay for it, then just judge judy those b****es. I'd be pissed too.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hah, go get the ATH one now.

LOL

That sucks mang, I just saw it and it looked good.

Unfortunately, almost ALL car washes have disclaimers up about aftermarket parts.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:55 PM

most of them have disclaimers about stock parts too
Old 05-02-2006, 06:37 PM
DTN

this one didn't have any disclaimer that i saw. I just went back to check. They have an insurance policy that covers this stuff though. I'm so pissed.... Cinco De Mayo guys... it's comming.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:09 PM

just goes to show why you should always wash your car by hand...one of my cars had the rims ruined...all the clearcoat came off 3 of the 4 rims...another one of my cars received lovelly scrapes and dents...I have washed all my cars by hand ever since and would reccommend the same to you...most peeps at car washes could care less about your car and it is near impossible to get them to pay for damage if something happens...and if you look closelly at your car they usually do a piss poor job...I gave up on car washes about 6 years ago...
Old 05-02-2006, 07:26 PM
DTN

Most car washes i've had with hand wax jobs are excelent. Just these fuxorz around here don't care. I just came from a small town in texas and I'm on vacation in lakewood california right now. I should have just left my car dirty.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

man, you should have done them in right when it happened. it's gonna be hard for you as well. good luck!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
DTN

^^^ I filled out their insurance claim form and got information from them. I gave them my information. I kept a cool head and got all the proper documents submitted.

But, you're right, i should have reached across the desk and stabbed the lady with the pen. Then I could have swung the spoiler around like an axe beating the rest of the fuxors there, until i got to the guy who caused this and jammed it down his throat, out his ass, and then mounted him to my vehical. Then I would have had to piss on all of them, then grab the pen out of the lady I initially stabbed and wrote "DTN WUZ HERE!!1!!1!111" on the wall and left with the bastard who did it acting as my new spoiler.

In hindsight it sounds like a better way to handle it, thank you HKC.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:55 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

That sucks.

I never trust those automatic car washes. Like Mad-Machine said they have disclaimer saying something like: "Our car wash can damage your spoilers, antena, mirors...".

The best to use hand wash.