The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Complaint Regarding The Flyryde Forum

Old 04-16-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Posting this here at red's suggestion, so if you don't like that I'm posting it, take it up with him first.

Regarding the following posts:
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=356427
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=356430

also betting that bullfrog's post was edited:
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=356392

Basically I think it's complete BS that in a post where I pointed out that what Chris has done with RDT is theft, my post was edited and what I said was completely removed. If that was done by Chris then I think it's absolutely ridiculous that he should be allowed to remove remarks like that. If it was a mod, then it's still ridiculous because the content of posts, when not obscene, should never be edited. Asked to stop, sure, warned if it's breaking a rule, sure, but not changed. I shouldn't ever have to worry about the things I say being edited, it removes any semblance of integrity from the system. In fact, it honestly make me not want to bother posting if I have to worry about that happening.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was wondering why there were such random posts in there. I didn't think you guys did stuff like that, so that's good to know.
I agree with you completely, editing of posts should not be done like that (the exceptions being what you mentioned). The occasional hiding of certain posts, or cleaning up of cluttered thread or OT stuff is ok within reason (not like NT does...), but fully editing a post like that and having it say something you didn't is wrong.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I regress and I though that Majik was the only one who could edit posts in there as he was the only mod that was taking part in the conversation, hence why i said thanks to Majik, only after realizing and seeing that Chris could edit posts as well does it make more sense. I though it was Majik just messing with me.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

think you're right and editing posts is wrong. i suppose he wants to keep his image alive especially now that the software is up and running, but chris my man a simple google search would shy customers away.

fix the mess over here and all that will stop. i don't have control over him editing posts. but what i can say is if that's what he wants then you have already made yourself clear to him because people [us] agreeing with you isn't going to help either.

my final verdict is don't sweat it. if he wants to edit posts, then you just make some more for him to edit as it doesn't disobey any of the rules here. bottom line.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Looking into it now guys and girls.

Vendors DO have editing rights, but it's supposed to be so they can edit their own posts, I'll see if I can fix it to where they can only edit their OWN posts.

As for everyone else, stop posting in here, fueling the fire isn't helping.

You can post ON TOPIC anywhere in the site, but the rules still apply.

Okay, after reviewing the play...

LOL

I went and looked in the Admin CP and it does NOT log post edits, but it does log all other actions such as closing, opening, and deletion. The only actions I see on that thread are...

Blacktibs Locked Topic FlyRyde Where Did The Christopher Darafeev Go?
Topic ID: 27091 Apr 16 2008, 08:18 AM

That's Chris Locking the thread.

Then Tanc opening it.

tanc Opened Topic FlyRyde Where Did The Christopher Darafeev Go?
Topic ID: 27091 Apr 16 2008, 08:49 AM

Considering that Blacktibs closed it, he probably edited it too. I'm checking out and changing vendors permissions to not allow this.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

thanks for deleting the part of my post that was ON TOPIC.....
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry for posting. But I think the people that dont have anything do with what Chris owes shouldnt be getting into the threads where we are trying to make things work. Chris owes me a lot to. But I wont post one negative thing because of the fact that he is still here. Its been 2 years since most of us invested in stuff and if he ran we probably couldnt do anything about it. Ive seen vendors take off with money, Chris hasnt. And the people that have nothing to do with any of it are only making it harder for him to pay back what he does owe.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I think I need to remove them as moderators of the section to remove their editing rights, BUT, I did place it so it will show that they edited it.

That's a step in the right direction.

Okay, found it and edited it out, Chris can edit topic titles if he wants, but cannot edit others posts.

It was buried, I'd never seen it in there before where it was, so I fixed a few things.

If we have this problem with any other vendors, we will remove it for them too.

So far, we haven't.

Remember, we are here to help, pressuring the vendors to follow through is a good thing, you SHOULD do it, but if you do NOT HAVE ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM, DON'T POST IN THEIR THREADS. Post in here if you want. We are working with Chris to get folks repaid and their parts to them, and have been for some time. Yes, it's taking a long time, yes, if you want to pursue legal action that is your right, but push too hard, and he will run totally, and no one will ever get anything.

Remember, I've been screwed more than most on this site by vendors, by my count, that's $2200 I'm out from a few of them. It's part of this tuning world, and not just Hyundai, it happens all over. That does NOT justify it, but it does happen. I can't afford an attorney, and if I could, a simple $300 LLC with their business licence will get them out of most of their debts.

BTW, Editing of POSTS, in general, should only be done for offensive stuff, personal attacks, or illegal content.

Moderators have the discretion to judge whether or not something should go, but in general, if there's nothing good in the post, or you have nothing to do with the issue, the post is DELETED so there is a record, and we can undelete if needed.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Wow, I had no clue Caj was the next anti chris mob leader. Anyway, you guys seem very unified that editing posts like that is wrong, so for that I do apologize. I just saw this dude getting more and more heated, when he's never sent me a dime, yet always wants to throw in his two cents. The other members were getting after him for off topic posts, that had nothing to do with him. I understand my name is a touchy subject, and I didn't mean to make anyone feel cheated or hurt by my post edits. I didn't say anything bad, but I obviously took my annoyance in the wrong direction. Sorry all. I'll read the rest of the posts, I just saw this, and once again, I'm having to put myself in check on these forums. I'm not perfect guys, but I'll just suck up the hate posts and try to use them for motivation or something smile.gif
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

the reason why the editing of posts hit a sore spot is because of the Speed-Factor issues we had a few years ago. that was a terrible situation..