The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Cigs out the window

Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Cigs out the window

Nothing makes me more mad then when people throw their damn cigs out the window and it hits your car. An instance happened to me this weekend...Just got done washing up the car, went all out, then heading over to pick up my buddy and some idiot in front of me decides to throw their cig out and hits my car. I try my best to avoid these situations but it seems like it happens alot..I would think the lit cig can damage the car since it is still lit..Why do we have ash trays in our car if no one uses them?? (And please dont tell me to keep change in)
Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Went on a road trip with a few friends last summer, when we were done I took 2 butts outta my grill and gave them back to the girl driving in front of me at the first coffee stop lol...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 2K1 Tiburon

Im always afraid that someone will throw one out their window and it will hit my hood or something, while leaving a burn mark in the paint. I would rage pretty heavily on someone if that ever happened.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Yup, I've even had a cookie explode on my grill. These people are genuinely retarded.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I remember an episode of Cops several years ago where the cop pulled a guy over for that. The cop asked why he did it and the guy said, "I'm sorry, I never do that. I don't know why I did it". The cop told him to open his ashtray. It was spotless. Not a single butt or ash. Cop wrote him a $50 ticket.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I've never been bothered by it while in a car but riding a bike behind a smoker is always an adventure!

I pick up trash along a roadway once a month and the bags are always 75% cig butts by quantity. It's not something people are going to just stop doing. They don't use ashtrays because they don't want the stink/pile of butts in their car...
Old 11-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Also, out here in the desert.. There is at least 2-3 fires started by this sort of behavior every year.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 3.8

This is one of my pet peeves too. Add to that fact that I hate people who smoke. Them throwing their butts out the window and hitting my car, just makes me despise them even more.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

A bad experience I had with that - I had my rear seats folded down, and a jerry can was thrown in there loosely after being used, not bothering to tighten it up or even re-insert the hose (it was blisteringly cold) and I was on the highway headed home - The car started to reek of gas and I was getting lightheaded, so I opened the back window about halfway, and the front a little (it was blisteringly cold outside, even more so at 100KM/h).

Decide to light a smoke, finish it, out the window it goes... And right back in the back one. Of course, the only reason I knew about it is because a few moments later, a flash appears in my rearview and my car begins to glow inside (it was at night) - The guy beside me looked over in horror at my (internally) burning car. I caught his eye, rolled my eyes and shrugged, pulled over carefully, opened the trunk, looked at it for a second or two (it was warm!) then folded the carpet over itself - Fire = out. Not really a trace of it on the rear carpeting, but the roof liner was a bit darkened!

I found the butt too, later on at home.

But I hate ppl throwing their butts out now because my Stellar has a leaky fuel neck - A well-sparked butt might cause me problems...

My exhaust shop won't even weld NEAR my car anymore because of it!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally Posted by Jed118
A bad experience I had with that - I had my rear seats folded down, and a jerry can was thrown in there loosely after being used, not bothering to tighten it up or even re-insert the hose (it was blisteringly cold) and I was on the highway headed home - The car started to reek of gas and I was getting lightheaded, so I opened the back window about halfway, and the front a little (it was blisteringly cold outside, even more so at 100KM/h).

Decide to light a smoke, finish it, out the window it goes... And right back in the back one. Of course, the only reason I knew about it is because a few moments later, a flash appears in my rearview and my car begins to glow inside (it was at night) - The guy beside me looked over in horror at my (internally) burning car. I caught his eye, rolled my eyes and shrugged, pulled over carefully, opened the trunk, looked at it for a second or two (it was warm!) then folded the carpet over itself - Fire = out. Not really a trace of it on the rear carpeting, but the roof liner was a bit darkened!

I found the butt too, later on at home.

But I hate ppl throwing their butts out now because my Stellar has a leaky fuel neck - A well-sparked butt might cause me problems...

My exhaust shop won't even weld NEAR my car anymore because of it!

As an on again off again smoker I can say I 100% agree with this thread. I don't even smoke in my car when I do I have a relapse, because I don't want my car to stink, and I don't believe in throwing butts out the window. I will stop at a rest area to smoke before ever smoking in my car or being responsible for litter or worse yet a forest fire.