The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Busted Window

Old 01-09-2004, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Wednesday morning I went out to my car to go to work. As I got to the door, it looked like my window was iced up. Then I realized it was broken! It looks like someone hit it with a BB or a small Rock in the upper rear corner. So, I had the Security Police come out and file a report and take pictures. Hopefully it is determined to be vandalism, then I can make a claim at the base legal office. I am getting it fixed today, but I don't know when I will be able to get the tint redone. I was actually surprised that I was able to control myself when I noticed it was broken.... laugh.gif
Old 01-09-2004, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

when people mess with my car i freak out. let me find a story i posted on hp.com....

here it is...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i was coming home real late one night and my mom asked me to stop by a wawa's and pick up some stuff. there were all these kids there lookin at my car and i knew something was up. so i bought the stuff and left. 2 min. down the road i see headlights fly up behind me and get on my side. some fvckhead throws sh!t at my car, one thing hitting me in the head and ending up in my car. then they tried to run from me with a full car. wasnt going to let that happen. the road we were on turns into a real skinny two lane road. so first i scared them by almost pushing them into the curb, then i backed off. they tried to turn off the road to fast and skidded right into the cement island that holds up the traffic lights and messed their left rear wheel up bad. so a ways down that road, they pulled to the shoulder, and i went by them at like 80 and threw all the change i had in my car at them. it was a lovely sound. when i got home i found a sour patch kid in my car. i just laughed my ass off.</div>
Old 01-09-2004, 10:39 AM

awesome story, my friend had the same thing happened to him 2 weeks ago some dickheads decided to shoot his window up with a BB gun along with couple other cars in my nieghborhood. Funny thing is though when the cop came to get a report, he told me he was looking for me b/c my car was being too loud at night in my nieghborhood and someone said i was "street racing". he looked in my car and trunk, i laughed it off. wink.gif
Old 01-09-2004, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Christmas eve here my brother was up at our grandma's place for dinner. When he got home he found that every car on his street, a total of 57 vehicles, had had their drivers side windows bashed in with a bat. He stayed up the rest of the night in his Van (it was fine, it was at Grandma's house) with the stereo going with his pelet gun.

Bastards.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:26 PM

damn man.. that just sucks. Any idea how much this is going to set you back?
Old 01-09-2004, 05:46 PM

Yeah, $230. I am going to file a claim with the base legal office next week, so hopefully it will be reimbursed.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:32 AM

I hope it all works out Java, ... Damn kids!!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:35 AM

don't hold your breath java!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They always reimbursed ours in Kansas, don't see why they wouldn't do yours. Hail or anything except for theft of aftermarket stuff.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (solo-baric)</div><div class='quotemain'>don't hold your breath java!</div>
Well, at first I wasn't going to expect anything. But, they are supposed to reimburse for vandalism. The SP lietenant tried to say it was the cold weather (32 F), yeah right! When the glass people came out they immediately saw that it was a BB or pellet and marked it as such on my invoice. So, I should be reimbursed, I will let you all know.