The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

BS cops

Old 04-30-2004, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

SO I get pulled over today (after someone made me an offer on the new pony I got lol) Cop takes forever, walks up to the car looking at it like she's some hot shit mechanic that can tell that a valve seal is leaking by the way the door is bent on an angle (Im repairing the hinge... it closes OK tho) I just hand the documents to her before she asks anything. Dont want her to do a cavity on my car... at that point I hadn't done brakes yet...

Cop:"Where are you..."
Jed:"Home"
Cop:"where did..."
Jed:"work"
cop:"Where do..."
jed:"CTC on goreway"
(waited)
cop:"Is this car insured?"
Jed""I beleive teh pink slip I handed you signifies that this vehicle in fact is insured."
cop:"What kind of car is this"
(She's looking for me to screw up, looking at my car up and down looking like someone shit in her pocket and she reached in)
Jed:"I beleive it also states that on both the ownership and the insurance slip, that you just have"
cop:"Are you telling me how to do my job?"
Jed:"No im stating where the information can be obtained"
cop:"So what the hell do you drive?"
Jed:"I dont know a hyundai of some sorts, some old one, maybe an excel I dunno there's no stickers on the back"
Cop:"And why not!"
Jed:"I don't know, one of the many the previous owners might have removed it when the car was repainted perhaps? I dunno some kids took it I have no clue"
cop:"Why was it repainted?"
Jed:"I don't know if it was I dont' care I jsut drive it im not required to know the history of my vehicle why should that matter!"

She walks off, comes back 2 min later

Cop:"Im giving you a ticket"
Jed:"For what!"
Cop:"there's rust on your car" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Jed:"ITS 20 YEARS OLD! There's 92 civics with more rust on them than this"
Cop:"that may be but this time we caught you"
Jed:"Caught me? caught me doing what! I do not take part in the oxidation process my vehicle is experiencing after 20 hard winters, which is negligible considering the trace amounts that are visible. This is bullshit. Go ahead and give me the ticket."
Cop (after a wait) "Ill let you off with a warning"
Jed:"Thank you. I will promptly purchase a ford that will do the same in 4 years."

The chick laughed and walked away... then came back with my papers. I know she was laughing in her car she was trying to keep a straight face... I looked right at her when she gave me the papers and faked holding back a laugh... she laughed pretty damn hard and tried so hard to maintain some dignitiy and professionalism, but she couldn't. I havent laughed harder in a while... we laughed for like 2 minutes, then she appologized and left.

What the hell was that? I laughed all the way home
Old 04-30-2004, 01:31 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

What she failed to see is that the wiper arms were not part of my car... I was fixing one of the bases that had stripped down so no wiper could ever bolt to it.

Im awesome.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

man, cops there in canada suck. You're in Canada, right? Rust is illegal on a car? Man... I've got some people i need to call on.

should have gotten her phone number and asked if she'd like to go out after she gets off work. If she accepted, you could have just stood her up wink.gif get her back for waisting your time
Old 05-04-2004, 11:31 AM

I have a couple of friends that are cops, they'd never do such a thing, but onthe other hand one of my other friends is marrying one of them and she wants to be a cop too and I could see her doing something like that...........if you see her again tell her to go give out rust tickets in florida. smile.gif
Old 05-05-2004, 08:22 PM

Cops in Canada and the states are pretty much the same.
The whole thing about the rust is that the cops are trying to get rid of the "wrecks" on the road lately,... Can you blame them?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib)</div><div class='quotemain'>should have gotten her phone number and asked if she'd like to go out after she gets off work. If she accepted, you could have just stood her up wink.gif get her back for waisting your time</div>

That would not have been a good idea,... she does have your info,...!
smile.gif

But yeah, should of asked her out,... if she was cute
Old 05-05-2004, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah dude, was she hot?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:38 PM

ok... yea a funny one... i got a good one for ya.

two days ago i was driving... got pulled over... cop gets off his motorcycle and informs me that the green lights (in the "marker lights" under my parking lights) are illegal... i say ok... he gives me a warning and says i have ten days to fix the problem, get the warning signed, return it... i say ok and take it...

tonight i pull onto road... cop pulls me over about 300 feet after i get on the road...

COP: licence and registration
Cody: handed him the sh!t and asked what the problem was....
COP: you failed to take out the green lights
Cody: i dont have the tools here at college (of course i know it doesnt take tools but hell... he doesnt know that) and i live over an hour away.
COP: thats not a good excuse

after 5 minutes of writing me up a ticket he comes back and puts the ticketbook on my windowsill.... says to sign it

Cody: can i ask you a question
COP: yea
Cody: i thought you told me i had ten days to take them out when you gave me the warning
COP: sign the ticket please
Cody: ok

signed ticket and he gave it to me... i asked him if i could still drive tonight... he told me NO and i needed to go home... yea right

BEST PART... i take the lights out because i still want to be able to drive... i go to the gas station.... the cop circles the gas station and stares me and my friend down.... this pisses me off something terrible... then he drives by and stares us down again...

mark me if im wrong but isnt this harassment.... what do i do about this guys.... im not paying 50 bucks for 3 dollar bulbs
Old 05-05-2004, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i live over an hour away too, and i drive to school. wink.gif

i would have just taken them out. was it the same cop? just show the judge the first warning.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:50 PM

yea it was the same damn cop man... yes i should have just taken them out... but man... i get out of school in 7 days... does this make any sense to go and screw with the lights when basically the warning didnt mean sh!t... when he issued the warning.... i had 10 days to correct it... but i was only going to be in St. Joseph for 9 more days... i was just gonna let it go... the guy is screwing with me... he has pulled over a bunch of my friends for the same crap man... why wont these cops pull over people for real stuff... i mean... what damn emergency vehicle has green lights on it man... NONE... i am so pissed about this