The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

BS AC Controls from Ebay...

Old 06-28-2004, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *EBAY ALERT!!* 1st Gen (Will fit 2nd Gens) Pass. Door Panel

well, i got it on friday....left it at work :-(

i think i will be able to get the switches off, the ac one already has one broken clip on the bottom :-( oh well

my main problem w/ them is how f***ed up the wiring is........it looks like they CUT EVERYTHING (even the heater control cable) that didn't have a connector w/in 5 inches.....well, i guess i'll just have to use some crimp on male/female connectors...

tibby, they will be headed your way prob by saturday.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

WTF? They CUT it all?!!?!??
Old 06-28-2004, 04:01 PM

yep, they cut everything except the red and green wires running from the fan pos. knob to the ac switch.

luckily, i think that once tibby is done w/ it i will just swap out all the cut shit on this one w/ the good shit on my stock one....which of course prob requires me to almost completely disassemble my stock one........

just look ^^^ at the pic... see the green/black wires...the rest of them all look like that.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 PM

I'd complain to the asshat he bought it from.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:12 AM

i finally found my extra batteries for my digicam i will post pics....

SO NOONE WILL BUY FROM THIS GUY....I will post the info later today and a pic or two tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

damn. i got some quick splice connectors i can throw on the ends for ya, if you dont wanna swap out the wiring. that way you would only have to clip them on the wires behind the connectors.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:38 AM

thanks chris, BUT after further inspection........they even RIPPED THE WIRE OUT OF THE BACK OF SOME OF THE CONNECTORS.................GRRRRRRRRRRRR

the insulation is still there but no god damned wire......
Old 06-30-2004, 11:44 AM

I'd freaking complain and demand a refund.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>This item fits the following vehicles:

TIBURON 00-01 w/AC

This is a used FULLY tested item and is backed by our 90 DAY WARRANTY!</div>
Old 06-30-2004, 12:58 PM

I'm going to REDZ.....maybe not for a refund....but for another heater control assembly W/ all wires and connectors FULLY INTACT.

AND I paid by paypal so if they decide to f*** w/ me, I will let paypal f*** w/ them.

heres the email i just sent them : and this was a stretch for me...i think its very restrained, ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok i recieved my item last friday......but I have a couple of issues I'd like resolved.

#1. ) On your ebay page : "This unit has been FULLY TESTED and is backed by our 90 day warrantee" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
BS. How could you have possibly tested the unit you sent me??????? EVERY WIRE was cut....and some were even pulled out of the connectors you left on.

#2. ) If you have another unit (W/ all connectors, and all the wiring INTACT, ie. the ENTIRE harness) I will glady return the unit you sent me, to you, IF you replace it free of charge. Otherwise, I'd like a FULL refund, including shipping.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:37 PM

Sorry for the double post but this is fairly important. Here is their response to my email (see above ^^^) and also my response to their response to my response to thier response......whew, that was tough.
------------------------------------
yes, i would be interested in finding one w/ all of the connectors and wiring. Thank You, Roger.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:37 PM
To: Jason Schimmel
Subject: RE: 2nd gen tiburon ac controls

Would you be interested at all in my trying to find a replacement with the connectors?

Also, the address is not needed. All you need to do is box it and UPS will arrive with a lable.

Thanks,

Roger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 4:32 PM
To: Seymour Auto

"As per the auction................" "IN the car" is NOT in the description....if you had removed all of the connectors instead of cutting and ripping them out/off, I'd be keeping this item.

Yes, i would like you to issue a "call tag" for ups......However, I don't have the box anymore, so i would also like you to email me your address so i can put it on the box for when UPS comes to pick it up.

Thank you for your timely response.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:15 PM
To: Jason Schimmel

Mr. Schimmel,
As per the auction, EVERY part is tested in the car before it is removed. Also, we have sold you the AC controls, not the wiring to the control. Most cars still have the wiring in them, and that should be an easy install. However, if you are not pleased with the item we will refund your money, including shipping, once the item is back in our possession. If you like, I will issue a Call Tag (Used by UPS to collect the item from you, the buyer.)
----------------------------------------------

I don't really feel this needs to be said, but what the hell......
Be wary of buying from these people, their customer service is great...... but the product is not.

Pics will be up as soon as admin gives approval.