The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Brain Farts

Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well lately it seems that I've had a couple stupid mistakes, to start this off...

... Yesterday I was going about 70mph down a curvy road, with fresh snow everywhere. I thought to my self If I go towards the new snow I'll for sure go for a ride. On the last turn of the road, I had a brain fart and zoned out next thing I know I'm going towards the snow. I yell "SHIT!!" Around in a circle I go, thought I was going into the inside ditch, corrected my mistake, started going towards the outside ditch, good thing I lost momentum or else I would've flipped over just like my friend did to his 4runner on the same turn last year.
I know that wasnt that bad of a brain fart but it surely scared me shitless, pretty damn fun at the same time.

Then today I changed my oil, got new schaffers synthetic, drained my oil, then for some dumb reason I start pouring the new oil. I get done pouring in ALL of my new oil, the I realized I forgot to put the oil plug back in. Put the plug back in (hand tight) the started to put oil in again, then Oh Hell, I forgot to put the new filter on.
Put the filter on, finished the job then I thought, I forgot something, thought for a bit, then I realized I forgot to tighten the plug, good thing I thought of that before I drove off.

So those were my Brain farts for the past couple of days.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

wow man, glad the tib and you are ok from the first story, but the second one was pretty funny!! did you not sleep well or somethin?!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:36 PM

^^ actually no, I slept pretty bad last night.
But It might run in the family because my sister did the same thing one year to.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:10 AM

I have done the oil bit... in my old excel, drained the oil, changed the filter.. poured five quarts of mobil one in... and realised that I had forgotten to replace the drain plug... expensive lesson.

In my tib I was at my mom's, changed the oil and filter.. left, got on the highway.. and heard this metallic "ting!" under the car.. looked into the mirror to see what it was.. and I looked like a ww1 fighter getting shot down for all the oil smoke behind my car.

No damage in either case. Aluminum foil works well as a temporary drain plug if you can compress it enough and thread it into the opening.