The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Bad drivers everywhere

Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis
Default Bad drivers everywhere

I noticed something today. Every single time I get in the car to go some where, I see bad drivers. Doesnt matter how far of a trip I go, its literally every damn time. People not paying attention, people not aware of their surroundings, people driving like total dumbasses, people on their phones and not obeying traffic laws, people driving too slow on the freeway, people not knowing how to merge or change lanes, etc. The list goes on and on. Does anybody else notice this too each time they get in the car and go some place? I almost feel like I have to always be on the defensive when I'm behind the wheel because I never know what some idiot is going to do out there in their car.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Ya pretty. A monkey can get a license in most states especially Texas!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

wrong part of the forum but i cant move it.

yeah people here drive 35 in a 45 and then it looks like i'm speeding everywhere.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I think of it this way. There are excess loons in this world. People that kill, bomb, suicide, rage, addicts, sh*t childhoods...etc. There are morally defunct people out there. Chances tell me there are NONdrivers out there too.

Think about it. There is an opposite for every single thing, even good driving. It's a law of nature.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Call the police to report a drunk driver, you'll get a bored sounding civilian that will 'make a note of it'

Call the police to report loud cars doing burnouts, you'll get three squad cars and pissed off officers arriving with smoking brakes

Call the police to report that the local mcdonalds is being robbed...

The Australian government doesn't want to increase driver training and testing standards, as a higher level of training leads to overconfidence and arrogance. They are happy to increase the licence fees every year though.

I drive around and notice bad drivers everywhere. My sister tailgates, texts, speeds, is inattentive etc; however she has just the same amount of bad driver stories as I do. Cars do something to our otherwise rational domes that makes every slight infraction seem like the biggest insult in the world.

Driving errors around here seem to be about 70% ignorance, 20% people in a rush, 10% lazy asses.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

slow drivers that go slow and turn slow and cut off a 16 year old car cause it doesn't look like a big deal.

if this country required a driver skill accessment test, that'd separate the real drivers from the mindless dumb masse's.