The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The 18-19 Year Old Female Question......

Old 12-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok, I don't get it. This is my first time actually meeting alot of women; I'm in a college enviroment. Of course my main purpose of attending college is studying, but there's alot of women to meet. Even though the average age is 20-25, there's alot of 18-19 year old females. When I was active duty, I wasn't really the bar or clubbing type of person, so I didn't meet many females.

Anyways, I've asked tons of people who are around my age (I'm 23, about to turn 24) and they said that it was alright. However, I have also asked many people who are 30 and up or people with children already at their 'teens, and they are humiliating me for even thinking about dating an 18 year old. One guy told me to "Grow up" and find a person my age. Now, I find many 18-19 year olds mature enough and since I look very young unshaven(the face), I have people asking for my ID all the time when buying lottery tickets or alcohol. I also had older adults telling me that I'm probably a horndog or a pedophile, and all that did was hurt me. I find 18-19 year olds very fun to talk with, and I never think of anything sexual. I'm sick and tired of people thinking that I"m going to date them for sex.. I'm also sick and tired of being labeled as a pedophile AUTOMATICALLY. What do you guys think?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what is your obsession with grouping every single person you come across in this world into infinitely many classes?

date who you want. 4 or 5 years is a perfectly normal age gap. stop holding artificial traits on a f***in pedestal and maybe you will lead a better life.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:08 PM

Nothing wrong with it dude. I just wouldn't expect anything too serious from a 18-19 yr old. If your just out to meet people, go on dates, party. Then your fine. Those older dudes callin' you a pedophile are just jealous they can't get grrls in there late teens early 20's.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

haha good luck with her parents man!

naw i think it depends on the maturity of a girl. 15-21 was my favorite age however the only reason that was because i only liked two girls in my life and they were both insanely mature and insanely hot and when i was 15 people used to think i was in college (mentally, and i was tall).

personally it depends on the girl. the two girls i had liked are purely exceptions and there really aren't any girls like them. it all depends on the experience they've gone through. it doesn't matter if they're still in high school they don't know what recieving their diploma is like, they don't have the credibility to go out with someone who settled down long before she has.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Yeah um dude, college girls who go away are there for three reasons; partying, drinking, and sex. And everyone of you who have ever been to a college party know this... so dont even try and defend it. Now there are SOME girls who arent like this, but most are.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Dec 21 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is my first time actually meeting alot of women; I'm in a college enviroment.</div>

you couldn't have said it any better, my first reaction when i went to a party was WOW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Dec 21 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Of course my main purpose of attending college is studying, but there's alot of women to meet. Even though the average age is 20-25, there's alot of 18-19 year old females.</div>

Yes, there are. Not a problem for me since I'm only 18 but for the 20-25 year olds I don't bother cause I'm viewed as a lil horndog. But I see your dilemma. I mean granted you are older then I am by 6 years and I would view you as a guy trying to score w/ freshman chicks. But as long your chill not trying to be a dick or anything then I really don't see it being a problem. Its college, go nuts!

And to help out tibby01, look back at Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. He was I think 29 and she 21, enough said.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:45 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dude, I'm 27 and I really don't see anything wrong with 18-19 year olds. They're legal. hell, there's 50 year olds dating 20 year olds. A 18 year old person is an adult.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM

Well, I'm 24, and it would be hard for me to hook with an 18-19 yr old, just because they're the same age as my baby sister. If I REALLY liked them, then yeah, maybe. But just a random hook-up? It would be kinda wierd.

But anyways KR, screw the people giving you a hard time. Seriously, if it's okay for a geriatric to marry a 20 yr old, then it should be okay for a 24 yr old to date a 19 yr old.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:03 PM

haha damn right man
Old 12-21-2006, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Dec 21 2006, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what is your obsession with grouping every single person you come across in this world into infinitely many classes?

date who you want. 4 or 5 years is a perfectly normal age gap. stop holding artificial traits on a f***in pedestal and maybe you will lead a better life.</div>
^^ Not sure I quite understand this. I think he was just looking for advice like many other people do on here. Not trying to stir anything up, just curious as to what this means. Much like me, maybe he just has a major issue with being self conscious and is looking for someone to back him up. I'll agree that most of his topics start off the wrong way and piss people off, but out of all of them...I think this was the first one that was well written.

Back on topic. I'm 22, I have a soon to be 20 year old sister. I made it a rule to not date anyone younger than my sister. Which now, I may unfortunately have to break, but this girl is totally worth it. In your case, a 5 year age gap seems smaller as life goes on. If her parents are in the picture (ie: she lives at home and goes to school), and they're ok with it, to hell with what anyone else thinks. I was with an 18 year old girl at the age of 21 (not the same gap, but I still felt awkward), and my friends complained about it a lot, but she was mature and to me, her age was just a number.

Being as young as they are does present a problem....clubs and bars....they're still underage for drinking. Yes, they can get fake IDs, but that always comes with the chance of getting caught. This new girl for me is legal (19 = Legal in Canada), so at least if I call her up I can say "Hey, wanna go grab a drink?" and actually not have to worry about it.

As long as they're mature enough for you to deal with, then go for it. Again, at this point in time, age is just a number. If they were under 18, then yeah, its a BIG problem, but they're big girls now, and if they're mature enough to make good decisions, and live with the consequences, then you're good to go.