The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

******* Ex Girlfriend

Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

So my girfriend of three years and I broke up tonight. I'm 22, so it's a good chunk of my life. It was a mutual decision, which doesn't really make it any easier. We we're just way too different. We had nothing in common, different goals in life, different music/entertainment interests, she's really uptight and obsessive about everything, while i'm the most relaxed and easy going person i know. She was so controlling, and she acted as if she had the right to dominate all of my time, and I guess I let her. It's really been a long time coming, I just could never grow the balls to cut it off. This was my first relationship that lasted more than 2 months, so I felt locked into staying after so long.

Even after we said it was over, she still had to throw in some pot shots and insults while we were talking over the details... Completely irrelavent stuff that happened two months ago, she just had to add in... It was kind of pathetic, and made me feel really happy that we'd broken up.

I started writing this with a point in mind, but it doesn't seem that important anymore. Anyways, I feel like shit right now, but I know in a few days I'll feel so much better. I'll have so much more time to work on the tib, my lizards enclosure, play some xbox360, and especially spend with my friends.

Guess I'll have to start going to the gym though sad.gif
Old 02-27-2007, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i like your alternatives, just don't drink. drinking just empties your pocket man.

i'm also 22, i've never really been with a girl, so i wouldn't know any better and three years is a long time but i'd say just stay put for a while and be on the lookout for another one. find a better girl to suit your mutual needs, i mean that's all it narrows down to.

...unless she was super super hot like my girl was (you'll see soon) i regret that every damn day.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

i know EXACTLY what you mean about always having shitty / short relationships, and then finding the only one that *seems* good, so u just stick it out, even if it u aren't really happy.

believe me, ending it is the best thing to do. it will hurt for awhile, but not as much as you think. you'll feel liberated, almost. plus, when you get really involved in a relationship you start to lose sight of other things that are important to you, like friends, roommates, hobbies, etc.
you will love all the extra time you find you have ... until the next one comes along. LOL.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:18 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

aye dude, i feel the same way. I just came out of a 4year 8months relationship and im only 19. Your description of ur ex was the same as mine, and i let her did that to me too because i didnt have the balls to do it as well. We actually broke up cause she was caught by my folks with another guy, and she denyied the whoel incident and blamed it on my folks not liking her and a whole lot of stupid crap. anyways...

Just go chill with friends, they are the best out there and there good peopel to get that girl off your mind. Thats what i've been doing and its working. I did the gym thing too: jog, weight training and its works. Just do things to keep yourself busy so u dont dig ur self in a whole with the thought u have in ur head.

Good side- more time and money for yourself.

BTW- there are hella more fishes out there, and dam they be looking good too.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Feb 28 2007, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>finding the only one that *seems* good, so u just stick it out, even if it u aren't really happy.</div>
shit, im 6 years deep in one of those relationships......
Old 02-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Join a gym and get deep into it... exercise will help you exert your anger in a positive way and make you feel much better, especially with the females
Old 02-28-2007, 11:17 AM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

the EXACT same thing happend with me, controling gf, everything. But our break up was last september and it still kinda hurts. My advice, "the best way to get over a girl is to get ontop another one" smile.gif
Old 02-28-2007, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ya man, its better this way for sure. my girlfriend now is starting to go into the controlling mindset and if it gets bad it will be over. just take care of yourself. youll be happier this way
Old 03-01-2007, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Yeah I'm feeling better about this all now. Just keeping busy and trying not to think about it too much. Thanks for all the support.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

good luck man, u kno the RD family will always be hear to listen or to vent out towards. smile.gif