Canada All Canadian members here.

Official Hyundai Sunday Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this has been my favorite car event for the past three years, and I can't wait to attend it again this year. I know it is really early in the year to plan everything/anything, but it always seems we get to the last minute, and we still don't know who is attending 100%, and what everyone is doing or where everyone is staying.

So, I am starting this thread to try and get some possible ideas for things to do as a group or what not, where people are going to stay, etc.

It would be cool to maybe have a group go to Niagara Falls one day, Toronto another, meet up at Shoeless Joes for some badass food, and other stuff like that.

Obviously, Hyundai Sunday will probably be held at Hutch's again like it was last year, which was the best HS yet, IMO. we had our own parking lot to ourselves, right next to hutches. It was right by the water which was really nice also. For those of you who don't know, Hutch's is a really nice diner/ice cream parlor where we have the Hyundai Sunday meet, since its too hard to get a dealer to clear out for us.

Hutch's is located in Hamilton, ON, Canada. there site is here hutch's

Anyway, I would like to help with the organizing of this event if I can help with anything. Graham (Cottonmouth) usually takes care of most of the things for the meet, since this is his baby. lol.

For people who may be thinking about coming, Hyundai Sunday is a REALLY great time, and its a lot of fun to see people from the forums, and be able to just relax for a weekend away in the good ole land of Canadia.

You can look forward to seeing members including: SOCKS, 1swttib, Nightshark, 2Uniq, PreciousFibres, Rixshark, Crimson, kb5133, Cottonmouth (the Godfather of HS), Tibbychick, JED, jgrove111, tanc, hprockets, Spawn, mjmmcarthy, Sparticus, hopefully phorq this yr, and more..

I will be staying about 15 minutes away in the Motel 6 in Burlington, ON. Its pretty reasonable price wise, and the rooms are pretty nice. I have stayed there the past 3 years, and will be staying there for sure. It hasn't been busy at all, any of the years I have stayed there. Its RIGHT off the QEW (403).

I will start the list:

For Sure.

1. SOCKS and family.
2. NightShark
3. Tibbychick
4. Rixshark
5. demon_fox
6. tanc
7. optimoprime
8. JED
9. 03sharky (and buddy)
10. BlackTibby00

Interested:

1. Alex (aka pole smoker) lol
2. phorq
3. Jeison
4. Caj Darkmoon
5. mwood
6. Sparticus
7. Blaze
8. Ericy321
9. Selina- swifttib

so far, looks like we may have a good sized caravan going up from the Michigan area. SOCKS, demon_fox, Caj Darkmoon, mwood, optimoprime.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">ONLY post if you are interested in the event, or need information, or are FOR SURE coming to the event. all OT will be deleted without warning.</span>

there will be an official registration site once it gets closer to the time of the event that will be managed by cottonmouth.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

You need to have the option of not staying anywhere and "other"
Old 02-24-2007, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Definatly want to go, and if circumstances permit we'll be there.

Its spelled poll btw. lmao.gif
Old 02-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Banned

you guys better get there.. and yes, im a retard.. you pole smoker .. lmao.gif
Old 02-24-2007, 08:35 PM

quick question is there any other hotels close by instead of a motel 6? is there like a marriot? or marriot branch? travelodge? or quailty inn? best western? I recieve discounts from these places

Edit: never mind its actually not that bad of a price and place looks good
Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I live in Burlington, so...

Travelodge
Best Western
Holiday Inn

And I know of one that charges by the hour and its just down the street from the local rippers....

You can add SPAWN to the FOR SURE list as well.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 PM

I live in Cambridge so i might go its only 1hr away
Old 02-24-2007, 11:18 PM

after the meet if everyone is looking for a place to eat we could go to WEGZ which is a sports bar/restaurant. Its awesome there, so many tv's and a huge big screen that must be over 250 inches. They'll be playing what ever sports games are on that day and they have a few pool tables, 4 ten pin bowling lanes but with the small balls, jitz tables some arcades and the food is good there and of course beer. This place is pretty big.

we could all cruise up there later on in the day/night to hang out, its on rutherford and highway 400 basically.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:29 PM

eh socks u taking the windsor or sarnia way to enter Canada?
Old 02-25-2007, 04:51 PM

I'm definitely in. I can't think of anything that would prevent me from showing up.

As far as accommodation... my wife may want to come up with me. If I come up solo, I'm all about crashing on a couch or hammock in a tree or whatever... but if wifey joins me, then I'll have to get a hotel. A comfy bed is a mandatory thing for her.

We'll see.

She doesn't like car shows... or cars in general, so I'm not sure if she'll really go. Only time will tell.