Canada All Canadian members here.

Mississauga Meet May 16 - Vote for a Time

Old 05-06-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering that the time is up in the air for this....people that would like to attend please vote on the time you will be available to meet. I'm thinking close to 1 o'clock, but I like to cater to the people! The post started on elantraxd.com but I'm branching it out to the whole Hyundai family so they are voting for a time too. Majority will win although I hope that all of you will still be able to make it no matter the time.

I just hoping it won't rain!! This will be the 2nd annual - if I'm allowed to say that - meet held at Square One Parking Lot (by the Bay) on Sunday, May 16. I'd love to see everyone get together for the first meet of the season in the region (well, for XD'ers anyway). Spread the word so other Hyundai's will join us.

Please post here if you guys are interested in attending.

See you all there laugh.gif .....directions will be posted within a couple days for those who don't know the area. PM me otherwise if you have any questions.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:18 AM

Of course I will be there.
anytime is good for me.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:10 AM

Default BRAND NEW RIMS AND TIRES!!!

K, this is quite funny....a dead set tie for the times of 1 and 3 pm. Any one else planning on coming but haven't voted yet???...we need a tie break (this is the result between 3 forums). At last count today there seems to be 12 votes - therefore about a dozen people plan to show.

Looks like the weather will co-operate with us too as it seems to be high of 18 and mostly sunny. Check the weather below.

http://www.theweathernetwork.ca/weather/ci...es/CAON0441.htm

The other thing to consider is how busy the parking lots will be at these hours of the day. We will definetly be parking in overflow either way I'm sure.
Last time around everyone was parked out by the Bay - as far out from regular society as possible but that was also held at like 5 or so last year. Time and meeting place will be confirmed tonight or tomorrow...I'll be getting a map with directions for all of you that need to know how to get here at that time.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-15-2004, 08:53 AM

OK, the tie has been broken. Looks like 1 o'clock is the winner. However, I am setting the time for 2 o'clock just to get everyone all screwed up though smile.gif because it was really a close race. So the time frame for people to meet up there will be between 1 and 2, just because we have some out of towners coming in and it'll be a little easier on them as well - that's my real reason honestly.

As for what we can do when we are there - I'm not going to set anything up, but I will tell everyone what is in the area and you guys can decided amongst yourselves.

Here is the shopping mall we are meeting at. Square One in Mississauga. This website will give you all the information you need on how to get there, and what is at the mall. If you are having a hard time figuring out how to get there - just PM me and I'll help ya. There are several restaurants, pubs, Coliseum Mississauga (movie theatre), Movies that are Playing and Playdium is right in the surrounding area.

The weather looks like it will be great and I hope everyone can make it. Last year we had set up outside the Bay, but that was after mall hours. I think it would be better for us to meet in the overflow parking closer to the Zellers side. The section I'm talking about is right on the corner of Rathburn and Duke of York Roads (if you know the area it is right across the street from Jack Astor's (in the mall overflow parking) and you can see Zellers.) I think that there is a parking block number 5 or 6 on top of a post so you can find your car is you need to (northwest corner - Colisieum is right across the street too.)....that's the section I'm talking about. If you have difficulties finding the location just drive around all overflow areas till you find a batch of cars.....I will try to be one of the first people there so you can use my car as a guide - you can't miss...beautiful blue GT with body kit installed.

We'll see everyone there for 1-2pm tomorrow....hope everyone can make it out!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:33 AM

It was a really good turn out. Thanks to all that showed up. I've had requests to set up meets for once every month or so. If anyone has suggestions as to where to have one, please speak up. I for one don't know some of the areas that you guys are from, so I can't set up meets down there, i.e. Kitchener etc, but if you guys need help setting them up, just let me know. Don't forget to post in this section about them to get the word out. Pics are on the way soon.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:07 AM

Here are some pics that I finally got around to placing on here.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up!