No
28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Cottage Fever 2005 May 23rd - May 25th

Old 10-14-2004, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Radar Detector

Okay finally got some dates picked out. According to our poll in the other thread, these were the most popular days. lol.gif We'll leave it at two days, two nights so that it fits everybody hopefully. I looked around and found the track opens late April depending on weather.

Remember that these dates are still tenative and if more people can make it later just let me know. Sunday is a cruise night in Niagara Falls. Could be interesting if we can get a couple of people down early.

So basically I picked these dates cause I think it's the long weekend. Monday is a holiday so everyone should be able to at least come up for a meet and greet. NOBODY should have an excuse cause most have the day off. We'll have a couple 'pops' eat some BBQ and meet everybody. Here's somemore info.

May 23 - 25, 2005 - Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada

Accomodations
Okay finally got some rates done. $89.00 CDN for double occupancy, per night. (2 to a room) Figured lots might be coming with somebody, if not email me and I can get you a single rate. If some want to come in a day or two earlier to do a family/wife/girlfriend thing, email me when you want to come and we'll set you up. I'll work with anyone and everyone here. I want to get as many people as we can out here.

Food
Hopefully I can get breakfast included in this rate, I don't know yet, depends on how many people pull through and come out. First night hopefully we'll have a BBQ at the Old Fort, it's a nice backdrop for photo's and big enough to have a good time. A Banquet is also possible but may involve more $$$ that alot of us don't have. (especially me) So whatever floats, is good. Dinner for the second night is up in the air I'll wait for some input.

What To Do
I want to drive together as much as possible. We can head up to Niagara Falls together and we'll do the whole tourist thing. It's cool, lot's to see and do. Deals galore through the hotel. Obviously I hope to have a track night so we can show the Honda crew up. Just all 'round show you guys a good time and meet some people.

Stuff to spend your money on

Dyno Time
Here are the prices for the dyno time that supry sent to me. Not bad at all really. Start saving up for some pulls guys.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supry)</div><div class='quotemain'>I talked to him today and he gave me his prices.
$45 per person for 3 pulls
$50 per person for 3 pulls with wideband o2 reference
%10 off tuning with piggyback or standalone.</div>

Track Prices
$20 to race. $10 to watch. I'm still waiting on the cost for the lapping track, since they are closed right now I haven't had any luck trying to get a hold of them.

Niagara Falls Attractions
I hope to get some group rates for some of the popular attractions up there if anyone wants to do them. I started a poll to see if this is something that interests anyone.

Canadian Ballet
We have to decide on a night to go if anyone is interested.

Who's Coming
So far here is a list of people who have contacted me someway or another.

1. Blacktibby - Moncton, NB Canada

2. Blacktibby00 - Ottawa, ON

3. Dweet - Columbus, OH

4. JalemX - New York

5. LeadFoot -

6. Sparticus - Mass (You better come you suggested this date LOL)

7. Supry - Rochester, NY

8. TibOne - Niagara-On-The-Lake

9. TibRacer01 - Peoria, Il

10. BIGTRE13 - Queens, NY

11. Tibbbychick - New York

12. Legend - Connecticut

13. purpletib - Muskegon, MI

14. ShowOff - Hilton, NY

15. Mad-Machine, NJ

16. paperstsoapco - Jersey (had better come to prove everyone wrong)

17. Gspeed13 - St. Catharines, Ontario

**Yay!! 17 cars.

As you can see it's not huge yet but there is some interest. There are also some other people from the surrounding area that I hope can make it down at least for the first night.

So here it is contact me VIA email or PM, whatever way you prefer this way I can get you contact info and book you rooms. Suggestions are welcome, like I said this is still tenative. I'd like to have a solid plan at least by the new year, hope to see everyone!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:43 AM

damn those rates are kind of expensive.. unless the $109 is per room and not per person per room.. anyways I have to see if I have national guard duty that weekend, if not i'll be there laugh.gif
Old 10-14-2004, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Cottage Fever 2005 May 23rd - May 25th

Yeah I just noticed that sorry. It is per room not per person, and keep in mind it's Canadian too. A little cheaper for those from the US. If you get another person in there with you it's cheaper.

2 people - 89.00 CDN plus taxes = $99.68 ($49.84 per person)

3 people - 99.00 CDN plus taxes = $110.88 ($36.96 per person)

Hope that helps.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:16 AM

ill be there considering i live here....
Old 10-14-2004, 12:07 PM

Awesome, one more. Good to hear. Now start going to Absolute Performance.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: What shipping company to ship my rims/tires?

Count me in for the time being. I will know more as the time approaches.

Guys, this is the perfect vacation!! You can treat your signaficant other to a romantic vacation and have fun with the car at the same time!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: FS: Quest HRS race suspension

See..... this is what I'm trying to do, treat yourself too man. I think it's the long weekend too. Drop me an email and I can get you a decent rate on rooms. Good to here.

List updated
Old 10-14-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Military roll call

count me in (for now), vac sched on my job goes by senority so we will see. Good way to keep the wife happy. 8)
Old 10-14-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Cottage Fever 2005 May 23rd - May 25th

did i miss another thread or is this all on this topic so far? I see the date has been set for May 23rd-25th. Where exactly is this going 2 be taking place? i see that sunday there is a cruise nite in niagra falls, but as far as durring the day saturday and sunday is there anything planned yet? also read somting about a BBQ and maybe a track? track sounds good, especially if it involves beating people who think there civics are awsome.... and that all it is that we have are tiburons laugh.gif
Old 10-14-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Cottage Fever 2005 - Planning Stages

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01tibby341)</div><div class='quotemain'>did i miss another thread or is this all on this topic so far? I see the date has been set for May 23rd-25th. Where exactly is this going 2 be taking place? i see that sunday there is a cruise nite in niagra falls, but as far as durring the day saturday and sunday is there anything planned yet? also read somting about a BBQ and maybe a track? track sounds good, especially if it involves beating people who think there civics are awsome.... and that all it is that we have are tiburons </div>

sorry i dont know how to post a link oops.gif look in the thread above wink.gif