The Bunny Ranch This is an 18+ section that may contain language, images, and video not suitable for work, marriages, children, or anyone opposed to graphic content.

There should be a female version of UFC...

Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default There should be a female version of UFC...

naughty.gif naughty.gif naughty.gif
Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Ummmm... There is a female UFC. Have you never seen Gina Carano?

http://images.google.com/images?q=gina+car...ved=0CCEQsAQwAg

Old 12-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There should be a me vs. females UFC.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

^^^ Ever hear that Chris Rock song, "No Sex in the Champagne Room"? I think it fits this situation. Gina would break you.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Actually, I'm sure she wouldn't.

Women can be good at a lot of things, just as good as men. But fighting isn't one of them. I had a lot of experience with this in my MMA training. Even the women that appeared to fight like men couldn't handle fighting men. Even smaller men trained at the same level or slightly lower. Not sure of the reason, but I would say with complete confidence that fighting any woman does not intimidate me. No matter her physical fitness level or skill level.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe an average female fighter, but Gina is one of the top. Unless you're good enough to be ranked, I'd say you wouldn't last as long as you think.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Nah, there's just something different. For one thing, anyone that far below my weight class (140lbs +/-) would be at a SERIOUS disadvantage and likely unable to take one hit from me. Consider also, that with the size difference it is not possible to block my hits, only to be hit by either my fist/shin or your own arms. I bloodied the nose of many 200+ pound trained fighters because even with Thai pads they could not physically brace against my kicks. I also have a significant reach advantage. On the ground, due to size difference she could not roll me in most situations, and many holds would be physically impossible for her to lock.

I don't have to be able to be ranked in my weight class to do extraordinarily well in the 140 pound weight class, not to mention the 140 pound women's weight class. I am not a great fighter, I can hold my own even in my own weight class but I'm not great. I considered trying for a career in fighting, but at the time I decided not to because of pressure from family and the fact that I had to look presentable at my job and I didn't see a way to go from where I was to being supported by my money from fighting overnight. My teacher said that in his fighting and training career he had never seen anyone who could punch or kick as hard as I can and that with intensive training I could do very well as a professional fighter. I will never know if I could have or not. I am sure that there are some 140 pound men that could give me a run for my money in my current condition. I would however, without any trepidation, step into the ring with Carano with full confidence that I would leave the ring victorious.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Women can be good at a lot of things, just as good as men. But fighting isn't one of them.

i agree, although they have to train much harder to get close to where the men are. my friend took kung fu and didn't want to hit his partner, a girl. instructor came and said he couldn't get his belt unless he actually hit her. he did. she cried. he got his belt. haha.

there are some badass girl fighters though. but they lose those sexy feminine qualities when they get to that level.

on the subject of the picture. man that is sexay!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

QUOTE (187sks @ Dec 16 2009, 12:23 PM)
I will never know if I could have or not. I am sure that there are some 140 pound men that could give me a run for my money in my current condition. I would however, without any trepidation, step into the ring with Carano with full confidence that I would leave the ring victorious.

I'd pay to see it. She 5' 8", 143 Lbs. and at the top of her game.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator

You arrange it, I'll show up and fight her like a man. I'm telling you though, it wouldn't be pretty.

Although never of her caliber, I've been forced to wrestle girls in my weight class during the time that I was a wrestler as a teenager and while it was annoying listening to their fathers yelling at me for anything from hurting her to touching her somewhere he thought was inappropriate I never took it easy on them because they were girls. I just put them down ASAP. At the same weight even the girls that were built stronger than the average guy I wrestled were comparatively weak.

At my current weight of 333.5 pounds I have 190 extra pounds on her. If I didn't want to play fair I could just put my weight on her until she couldn't take it anymore. I'm not saying she can't fight, I'm saying she can't fight me. And I would also say that she would have NO chance against a skilled man in the same weight class either.