The Bunny Ranch This is an 18+ section that may contain language, images, and video not suitable for work, marriages, children, or anyone opposed to graphic content.

I Need Help!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ok i know this is the wrong place to post this

but my fiance looks on rd at times through offtopic

so since she doesnt have access to this....

ok i need some help

for a wedding gift i would like to get my fiance a camcorder she has ALWAYS wanted one

and since she got me a cool camera(somethin ive always wanted)

i thought it would be a cool idea to return the favor

i need to know some good things to look for in a camcorder

and i would like to spend less than 300 on it if possible (if its digital even better)

any help!?!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:02 PM

Check out www.slickdeals.net There is usually a pretty good deal posted on there somewhere. You can also try www.fatwallet.com
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

As an added bonus I think you should use it to videotape her friends wishing her a happy marriage and that. We did that for two of our friends and it turned out really good.

Look for optical zoom not digital. That is the only thing I know for sure. The rest are just things that you think you might or might not need. Like a digi cam incorporated with it.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:42 AM

use www.streeprices.com to find the best deal.

If you're looking in the $300 and under range, that's gonna be a bit tough, but here are my reccomendations.

#1. Look for the mini DV format. Digital 8 is sorta on the way out, and CD/DVD may have problems with the players/recorders after time.

#2. As stated before, go for the best OPTICAL zoom you can.

Here's what I found. I picked 4 from each brand that's in/close to your price range. Some folks have "brand" preferences, so if so, you should find at least 4 of these acceptable.

Sony DCR-HC42
Sony DCR-HC32
Sony DCR-HC30
Sony DCR-HC21

Panasonic PV-GS31
Panasonic PV-GS19
Panasonic PV-GS14
Panasonic PV-GS9

JVC GR-D295
JVC GR-D270
JVC GR-D250
JVC GR-D31

Canon ZR-300
Canon ZR-200
Canon ZR-90
Canon ZR-85
Canon ZR-80

I STRONGLY urge you to use web resources like www.froogle.com and www.streetprices.com to find the best deal you can. You can usually save $50 to $100 over "Best Buy" (including shipping).

In regards to picking the best one for you? I won't got there. Let the experts do that.

http://www.dvspot.com/
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/
http://reviews.cnet.com/Camcorders/2001-6500_7-0.html

Use google or your favorite search engine to search for more reviews on specific models once you narrow it down to 2 or 3 units.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:50 AM

They might be a little more but, Sony or Canon are the way to go. Their quality is unmatched. Like random said, find a good optical zoom and mos def some type of digital recording. I would go with the Digital 8 because Hi8 and Digital 8 tapes are much cheaper than DV or mini DV. However mini DV is more common today.