Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

You Think Tein Ss Coilovers With Edfc Are Possible With The Full 5 Lug Swap?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that the front coilovers and even full knuckle setup from the GK is a straight swap for us. What I'm curious about is if I should toss the rear end setup on to complete the full 5 lug swap with all the changes in the rear and then take the car to Tein. They've wanted my car to play with for the last few years, but I think the only type of RD tuner that'd spend the 1200 bucks on the nice suspension with EDFC would be the same guy to spend the bucks on the full 5 Lug conversion.

Hopefully Red sees this, or somebody tells him about it. Basically if its possible to just swap out the RD stock struts front and rear along with the 5 Lug conversion, then the Teins would work flawlessly. If that's the case, I can take the car to Tein (not far from here) and have them make us a new part number, which would include everything from the GK setup, but with springs better suited for the weight of our RDs since the GK is a sh!t ton heavier.

Whatcha think?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Do it! I would LOVE to have an EDFC setup available. Not at all cheap but a great option!