Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

xg350/spectra RD2 BBK

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Old 09-01-2012, 02:50 AM

Vehicle: 99 Hyundai Lantra

Who knows how the master cylinders work on our cars?

I tried upgrading to a different make master but found one port does LF and RR and the other port does RF and LR. Making my conversion no better as the master I fitted was supposed to be front on one port and rear the other. Anyone experienced this? does the xg300 match up to suit?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Get the XG master, and hook it up the same way the tib one was.

Line that went to front port on tib master would go to front port on XG master, likewise for rear port.

You will need to make custom lines back to the proportioning valve because one is metric bubble flare and one is metric inverted flare.

Iirc, the XG master is the bubble flare side.

When I helped with it, we just got the advance auto pre-flared M10x1 line chunk, and redid the flare on one side, bent to fit with tubing bender, and that was that.

You will also need to adjust the pushrod in the brake booster using a wrench and some needle nose vice grips, since the XG master has a different depression depth on the piston. You'll understand when you have them side by side.

You could also get the XG booster as well, and swap it at the same time instead.

I can get a how-to wrote up on it when I do the swap on my car.

The rear caliper piston diameter is the same between the two cars, so no issues there, and I can personally attest that the brake feel stays good with the tib proportioning valve.

Most FWD cars use the cross-brake layout instead of a front/rear setup. Can't remember why though.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 AM

Vehicle: 99 Hyundai Lantra

Thanks man your on to it.

My pushrod isnt adjustable so I guess ill try get the whole lot.

Any particular year model and is there a difference between the xg300 and 350?