Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

XG350 brake upgrade issues

Old 08-07-2012, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

so truth be told, when i bought the BBK from rockauto, i bought the late model year calipers (the 12 inch) and got all ready to do the install, and ran into the same problem as Spoolinshark.

also pondered getting the 5 lug rotors and redrilling, but the only turnoff was not being able to run a spare. sure you can swap rear to front in a pinch, but its not worth the hassle of not being able to go back to stock rims if ya need to.

so i returned the 12 inch calipers and went with the 11's.

now im going to get the 1 inch diameter Master Cylinder, because the stock 7/8th inch M.C. is not doing the job.

i bought speed bleeders and bled the WHOLE system with fresh fluid, and i still have too much "pedal" it gets rock hard about half way down the stroke, and NOT 1 inch down the stroke like it should.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

Has anyone else had this issue with increased pedal travel before the feel gets stiff (giggity) when braking? I believe I have read another post in regards to this but can't find it now. I mean as long as I can stop, that should be good enough. Loneshark, where are you sourcing this larger master cylinder from? May have to look into it if I have the some pedal issues as you are.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

300D50 mentioned it here: My link