Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

xd elantra suspension on an lc2 accent w/ brake swap

Old 07-23-2010, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 hyundai accent
Default xd elantra suspension on an lc2 accent w/ brake swap

if you do the brake swap with elantra spindles can you use the elantra suspension on an accent you would think it would fit.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Define suspension...

If you converted the strut tops (different bolt pattern) the front strut/spring combo might work. The combo is a bit taller though so you would want a decent drop spring and a strut capable of lowering.

In the rear, I have contemplated attempting swapping in the strut/spring combo and rear knuckle w/ my strut top. I haven't compared enough to see if that's feasible without making custom control arms or not though. I doubt that you can use the XD control arms in the front or back, but if you're really interested get out a measuring tape and compare. I don't know if anyone has tried.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 hyundai accent

what about the rd tiburon shocks and springs and what if you would use the accent top mount on the struts.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've never measured the RD's strut top bolt pattern, but they may match the Accent. I think I heard that they did. If I remember the next time I have a RD here I'll measure.