Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

X3 excel (accent) brake upgrade

Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 x3 excel twin cam
Default X3 excel (accent) brake upgrade

Hi everyone, new to the forum. just bought a 97 x3 excel (accent) twin cam to get me to work and back as i work pretty far away and needed something a bit more fuel efficient. car is in really really good nick, not planning anything major in it just a few small things so i was wondering what other hyundai's i can get parts for to do a big brake upgrade, front and rear discs. searched the forum but most posts are about later model accents and things.

any help would be awesome thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Unless you're putting down serious power or going to the track to race every weekend, a big brake upgrade really isn't worth it. If you upgrade your factory brakes with good quality slotted front discs and put 4 good brake pads in all 4 corners, that's really all you need. You could also invest in stainless steel brake lines and with just those things, your brakes will be like night and day different from the factory brakes.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

In the front you can swap the entire knuckle from any RD, preferible 2000+ because the rotor is free floating.

That will take you from 9" to a 10" rotor.

X3 Rotor : http://www.rockauto....1170739&jsn=508

RD2 Rotor: http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....363159&jsn=366

On the back it can also be converted from an RD2, but a little fabrication is involved.

In the front you can also go to 11" or 12", and single piston, dual piston or single piston aluminum calipers mixing and matching parts from GKs and Sonatas