Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Will Someone Make Me This?

Old 07-22-2005, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bar looks like it connects to the conrtol arm. A normal sway bar connects to the knuckel area of the rear suspension. Never seen one actually connect to the control arm.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

those look like the tie bars that you see hondahs with
Old 07-22-2005, 02:32 PM

That was the name of them! Sorry, had a brain fart.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:33 PM

it's not unusual for a swaybar to connect to the suspension arms.. you just need a beefier bar to make up for the lack of leverage.

My italian cars are set up that way.. with the bar usually meeting the control arms at about 3/4s of the way down.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:44 PM

Well...I can tell you that the design is somewhat flawed. If those allen screws on the end links aren't clamped tight to the bar, then it completely defeats the purpose of having that there in the first place.

The reason why you see most anti-roll bars being thick, solid bars is so that you can resist twisting it. At first, I thought it was just a straight bar connected to the control arms on the suspension. However...looking at it again, it's connected through that aluminum piece on both ends and then to endlinks. The whole point is to prevent twisting...so if those aluminum pieces aren't welded to the bar, then you may get some horrific body roll.

Then again...I suppose you could have it adjustable, where you adjust if one side of the bar link should be on tight or loose.

And is it me or is that bar hollow?
Old 07-22-2005, 04:18 PM

like I said above.. it is a race set up.. maxiumum adjustability... and yes, it is hollow