Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Widest tire for our cars? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/widest-tire-our-cars-22207/)

OdessitPashka 11-07-2004 09:57 PM

Re: Verticle doors website...

I was thinkin about getting something really wide for good traction, but don't want to go over and start rubbing, loose handing, and sharpness of cornering. I was told that 225s would be the widest that we can fit, but I was wondering if we could get something even wider w/out problems that I listed above.

thanks

Mad-Machine 11-08-2004 06:13 AM

Re: Removing the Cruise Control

to judge how close my 205s come to the fender lip... I would say it MIGHT be possible, but you are going to have to size it perfectly with tire and the offset of the rim. You might also need to do some clearancing in the wells, either on the inside so you can go to full lock, or maybe some "bat rolling" on the lip. It also depends on how lowered you are.

LarryMcFly 11-08-2004 06:45 AM

Re: Removing the Cruise Control

It depends on diameter and offset of your wheels. You can reduce diameter, increase offset or install wheel spacers to help.

OdessitPashka 11-08-2004 10:41 PM

Re: For Sale Speaker

well, I'm over 2 in lowered and have 205's now and it seems like a have a lot of room, definitely enough for 215s, and pretty sure that 225s would be fine too.
Most likely it will be for 16in rims, what offset should I have for 16s?

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-09-2004 08:11 AM

Re: Oil in Radiator... Just Confirming

odessit, anything over 205's is risking it unless you want to do a little wheel well clearing. 205 is our maximum without the risks of having tire damage. i wish we could fit larger tires...

especially if your car is lowered, a 215 tire will definitely contact the arch in some way or another. i had to get them both replaced because the sidewalls were ripped off and it became a hazard driving.

if you look at anybody's 205, you will see the millimeter proximity it is to the door-side fender wall. i really want 215 to look more like and feel a real exotic sports car... but all we can do is settle for 205's without having to worry.

other than that, i suggest getting formula 2 evo 2 rally panels and fenders. you could fit anything on those!

OdessitPashka 11-09-2004 09:53 AM

Re: Any alternatives to the AEM intake? Short on cash... ;_;

well elantras fit 225s and as I told you I have 205s w/ no problem at all!
I guess we will have to see when I get new rims.

KayJai 11-09-2004 12:17 PM

Re: turbo timer

215/40R17's MAX!!! I can't repeat that enough. evil.gif

225's can fit on your OEM Rims, but it's NOT Recommended!!!
205's are MAX on OEM's

Please listen when we (I) say this,.. or else, have fun changing your hubs and bearings! :roll:

OdessitPashka 11-09-2004 01:01 PM

Re: dyno

1st of all I never said that I was gonna put 17s on my car, did I?
There is people with elantras that have 225s on their 17s.... and they work fine.... I know the guy personally and 225s work just fine for him on his 17s.

I have 205s right now, and have no problem at all, and as I said there is a lot more room to grow.

And I was gonna try fitting 225s on 16in rim, I was gonna get 225/40 or 45/16.

canadianshark74 11-09-2004 02:27 PM

Re: What is the best way to start with an automatic......??

when I had the 17's on my car the tires were 215/40R17's Z rated.
the provided great grip and cornering ability. but it was a harsh ride, and when pushed too much there was not much warning before the grip broke loose.
Also, if I had the wheel turned going up bump, or hard cornering the tire would rub on the fender lip. so I had to roll the fenders, then it was ok. the rims had a 42 offset.

then I sold the 17's, and got 16's with 205/45R16 toyo tires.
the 16's offered a better ride, very similar cornering. but the big difference was the confidence that the 16's provided. the never let loose while cornering hard, and the ride was much more forgiving.

hope this helps

OdessitPashka 11-09-2004 02:59 PM

Re: What is the best way to start with an automatic......??

thanks for your feedback man smile.gif