Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Who wants discounted brake lines/maybe pads?

Old 02-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

mad thats no good...i guess you could say->LMAO!!!

you didnt hit nobody did you?

ne updates on the brakes??
Old 02-09-2005, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

yeah mine was similar i was takin a left hand turn and my left side wheel cylinder literally exploded lockin the left rear i basically drifted about 15 feet slidin into the ditch and up almost onto the mountain next to me

total damage
wheel cylinder(hehe worked for hyundai it became a "warranty issue")
needed to buy a new wheel the brake fluid ate my blingness
pads and a new drum
Old 02-09-2005, 09:06 PM

Drums are evil.. that was what went on my excel as well.. and no, I managed to avoid hitting anybody.. or ruining my pants. But I am sure I scared a lot of people who thought I must have been moving a LOT faster than I was to do that kind of slide with the brakes locked..

The worst part was.. I was in the middle of nowhere and had had a 50 mile drive to get home at like 10pm at night.. that was the scary part, hoping nobody would make me touch the brakes hard.

I agree with you on the hardware on these lines.. while I love how the anodised aluminum looks and is a high quality piece.. It seems they did not leave enough room for movement.. it would have been better to have crimped some non moving brackets to the line.