Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Who wants discounted brake lines/maybe pads?

Old 02-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

QUOTE (Patreezy)

So when they arrive I'll test the crap outta them. I live in Seattle and am regularly stuck in stop n' go on crappy I-5 traffic (which puts the most wear on brake lines) and I race on weekends which involves hard braking AND am just getting into autoX which will be more pressure on the brakes/brake lines. So.......if the brake lines hold up and everything is good I will order all the neccessary ss braided brake lines from rotor pros and will go through with GB. This thread will be updated, then...

-Patrick

There's a guy who's willing to put his life on the line for the rest of you! LOL
Old 02-08-2005, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (javageek)
There's a guy who's willing to put his life on the line for the rest of you! LOL

yah very noble...

or stupid.. good luck man
Old 02-08-2005, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Haha! yeah.....
I know someone who's bought them before and they're fine, just want to find out for myself. I'll do my research and make sure I know who makes them, make sure they're DOT approved and tested, etc. I'm not THAT crazy!

I do have experience driving a car with brake failure so I'm somewhat prepared for the worst! Very scary experience! You just expect brakes when you press on that pedal and one day when it goes to the floor and your still doing 65 down a hill it hits you! worst adreline rush of my life! I feel ya Jaws! Thank god for engine braking! I'll let you guys know how they turn out.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

hey i'm just curious, are the SS brake lines that are forsale on ebay any good? cause there only $65. dont know if anybody alreayd bought them and tested them out !
Old 02-08-2005, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ok with the research ive done so far(and someone tell me if im wrong)
magnum is the same brand of brakelines sold on almost all ebay sales
im thinkin that rotorpros sells the same brake lines (for more than the other ebay guys sadly..) im just tryin to see if im right

ehh ill probably order the stainless lines from ebay anyways cuz like 4 people out of hundreds sold isnt that bad of numbers ive heard of exhaust leaks like crazy from obx headers yet mine doesnt leak at all...same thing not all parts are created equal
Old 02-08-2005, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah man, but an exhaust leak wont kill ya.

im using them right now, but its always in the back of my mind well before i begin to stop. i suggest everyone whos using them have the same mindset.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yes this last GB was from magnum. they seemed really cheap to me because they came in that ricey blue color. it's not usual for quality manufacturer's to have ss brake lines available in one odd color. i have a tuner magazine that has many colors, many types of lines for the same cars.

anyways, out of the three remaining lines I have, one of them is leaking brake fluid up front and it's not from the installation, it's from between the aluminum and the line itself. i drive in murderous traffic. i've probably tested these lines to the max. i'm just waiting for the day... i'm also waiting for somebody to look up some new lines.

ehh ill probably order the stainless lines from ebay anyways cuz like 4 people out of hundreds sold isnt that bad of numbers ive heard of exhaust leaks like crazy from obx headers yet mine doesnt leak at all...same thing not all parts are created equal
faith, with all do respect, if the coca cola industry had one defective can of soda out of the millions it produces per day, and somebody got incredibly ill and died from drinking that one defective can, would it be ok? also mang, not everybody drives the same. it's a good way to think but check out the bigger picture here.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

actually, the mounting brackets seemed to be of high quality. not painted like a lot, but anodized. costs much more but has an almost indestructible hold.

i would have liked to seen hard rubber/plastic grommets on the brackets so the lines arent directly touching the aluminum brackets. i think thats whats causing most people's problems.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

1st to be technical a exhaust leak can kill you if it catches fire or if you inhale too much fumes...
second i have also experienced failed brakes it sucks i went off the road and into a ditch

i used to work for a hyundai dealership ive seen things behind closed doors that would scare you like how some tibs came with defective glass that caused them to shatter while they were on the freeway (ive seen 3)

if someone else comes along and decides to make better lines im up for it
Old 02-09-2005, 12:42 PM

I suffered a brake failure in my old excel.. had a guy pull out in front of me and I got on the brakes to avoid hitting him.. and one of the rear cylinders blew out... being a dual diagonal system.. I lost the opposite side on the front and the entire car pivoted sideways before stopping in a cloud of tire smoke as the two remaining tyres instantly locked.