Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Whiteline/Selbys Rear Adjustable Swaybar

Old 08-13-2001, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S
Default Whiteline/Selbys Rear Adjustable Swaybar

Okay...the Rear swaybar is in. It took me about an hour. It should have been a 30 minute install, but some bonehead working on the car installed the swaybar backwards. There is a "notch" on one side of the swaybar for the fuel filler hose. Get the swaybar installed wrong...and it won't meet up with the end links because of this! Once the bonehead got that figured out, it went VERY fast.

On the "softest" of three settings, it is noticable, but not a big increase from stock, if you weren't paying attention, you would never notice it in daily driving. On the "stiffest" of three settings, it makes a HUGE difference.

You can see from the photos, that the new bar is MUCH thicker and comes with polyurathane bushings.

The front bar will go on next, but that involves removing the steering rack, so I'm going to tackle that next weekend.

Before you even ask. Cost is about $225 US funds with current currency conversions (including shipping), and it go to me in 7 days. http://www.whiteline.com.au

Fxtreme has an Install FAQ for it, I should have read that sucker twice..and I would have not make the mistake of installing it backwards the first time.

P.S. Please remember they call the Tiburon the COUPE down under...I don't wanna see any posts about how they don't have the parts!

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 08-13-2001, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this over on FX as well. I have the rear one only and definitely recommend it too! One of the best (and cheapest) mods to date. Whiteline has great customer service too and regular mail shipping took only 10 days to the east coast.

a
Old 08-14-2001, 04:25 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

Damn Random, you couldn've saved some $$$.
http://www.mofugas.com

They're out of Michigan and have it listed for $158 for the heavy duty 20mm bar, $112 for the 18mm bar, or $112 for the non-adjustable 24mm bar.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:32 AM

I'll bet you Random's cost was for both front and rear. It looks like the Mofugas price is just for one.

If I'm mistaken, let me know, and Mofugas will have another customer!
Old 08-14-2001, 06:00 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

I got both front and rear on my tibby and I think it was about 225 or so for both. The front one was a bitch to put in but lucky for me I'm good friends with Craig at MHP. So I got the hook up on the install.
Old 08-14-2001, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Iago:
I'll bet you Random's cost was for both front and rear. It looks like the Mofugas price is just for one.

If I'm mistaken, let me know, and Mofugas will have another customer!

Yes that $225 was for both Front and rear. Mofugas orders Whiteline parts, so it is faster and cheaper to order from Whiteline directly.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by hawaiibullrider:
Do they have the Front and rear sway bars for the 2001 Elantra GLS??

http://www.whiteline.com.au

Check out their website to find out.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:16 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon FX

hmm been trying for a few weeks off and on to get that damn front one out. i cant get a bold lose from the a-arm any sugestions alos once iget teh bolt out what else do i have to do thanks
Old 08-24-2001, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by terjit:
hmm been trying for a few weeks off and on to get that damn front one out. i cant get a bold lose from the a-arm any sugestions alos once iget teh bolt out what else do i have to do thanks

Look at EyeScream's Swaybar install FAQ on Fxtreme.