Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Whats the size of our wheel studs

Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default Whats the size of our wheel studs

I snapped a wheel stud and Im only driving on 3 on the back rim. Plan on going to the auto store tonight after work and seeing if they have studs in stock or can order me one. Can you guys tell me what the size is or do you think they will have that information in their computer system? Not sure if I would trust it though if it is so Im asking here for confirmation.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I don't recall, but the studs I found at AutoZone wnere too short. Probably set for a Honda. The local dealership did not have them for a RD Tiburon, but the gold studs for the Sonata were the same size and worked fine.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Once again autozone fails. Advance Auto had the proper studs in their computer system and in stock when I needed some.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

No auto part store seemed to have the longer studs used in our cars. I am actually running a short one and it barely works with my wheels. One of these days I will replace it with the correct one.