Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Whats Available In Rd1 Aftermarket Suspension On A Budget In Canada?

Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, the girlfriend and I are both in need of new suspension, she is rolling in a rd2 and im runnin a rd1. We arent looking for a drop, not that i would turn it down but our first priority is durability followed by performance, Her car was running eibach lowering springs on stock struts when she bought it but she couldnt drive it, so i put stock stuff back in. I will be doing all the work myself and I could survive on the stock springs with aftermarket struts if I had to, whats available in the Toronto area at a good price? is there anything I should avoid?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

Why not get a set of KYB GR2 struts off of Ebay? They are a good quality OEM replacement with a lifetime warranty. I purchased a set off the seller "jdmwerks13" for a total of $201.00US shipped. That's less than buying two OEM struts from the dealer. I have them paired with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and am very happy with them.

I priced them locally before buying but they were about $100 each plus tax.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 PM

I'll probably be tackling the same issue soon. Im probably gonna go with an Eibach kit and maybe some sway bars...but yeah I was wondering the same...being that Im in Canada now it's not so cheap to buy things and have them shipped. I guess check ebay, see if there's anything available there...that's what I'm probably gonna do.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if you don't want a drop go with stock springs (they're really good) and KYB-GR-2 from ebay. that's the only advice i can give you. that's the best setup closest to stock. KYB's are really good too.

if you want eibach struts, go with the pro-kit (spring 1.2 drop/strut combo) it's not that much of a drop yet it's very sporty.

good luck!!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM

Maybe I wasnt thinking when I made my list, durability is deffinently 1#, but i think ride comfort would be in the number 2 spot followed by handling. I deffinently was not even considering spending money on factory shocks, but i had someone locally quote me some kyb2's for about 80$ a peice. Ebay might be cheaper, but that is a pretty big item to bring over the border, im gonna have to think about it.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

You should be able to save about $100 buying through Ebay. I paid $275CDN including taxes/brokerage fees and the Canadian dollar was weaker when I bought so it would have been even less now.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

or you could always ship it to a UPS outlet just at the border on the US side, drive over, and bring it with you!! this way you save a lot on shipping and possibly no customs/duties