Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

What do these do?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Sonata
Default What do these do?

Hey everybody. Ive been searching for stuff for my Sonata and I see shark racing has these braces. http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/b...cate=012104000

Do they act like strut bars and sway bars or do these have a different purpose? It says it stiffens the chassis but doesnt strut and sway bars do the same thing? And do you have to drill holes under your car to bolt this in?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

is a multi-point brace that will stiffen the front of your chassis for better balance and handling.

The other bars stiffen the places where they connect. This stiffens where it connects. Is this really so hard? If you want maximum stiffness, brace everything.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

yes, like this tool.. i mean great guy said above it will stiffen the chassis, which is good for balance and handling.. 180$ is a pretty good deal for that i think.. would be pretty easy to have it made and paint it, but that one looks powdercoated; which is nice.