Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Wanting lowering springs

Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es
Default Wanting lowering springs

What I plan on doing is lowering it, springs first then getting new struts next year. I have my car on 17" rims already, offset of 40 and fenders rolled. What I'm looking for is better handling, less body roll and less spring travel. I don't mind of the ride is bumpy, I really want better handling around corners with less body roll, and I would like it to be lowish too, just enough for the wheels to be tucked in I suppose, doesn't have to be slammed.
This is what it looks like now, the spacing isn't that bad, but I would like it lowered a bit more, it just sits too high and has a really kinda mush feel to it around corners.

I read the Eibach Pro kit gives you about a 1.2" drop, but it really is like .7"? And I heard that B&G ones are kinda mushy, but I guess it depends on the struts used?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

K-Sport coilovers man...I got them on my ride and Im rolling with 16"s. It is bumpy but you do get used to it and the habdeling is so good...almost no body roll ever...sway bar and strut bar will also improve it by a lot. Ignore everyones negative comments about the K-Sports...i have had mine since 2006 and they are still going strong. They also had 6k miles on them before I got them too.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 PM

As much as I'd like to, I just don't have that kinda money in the budget right now.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

From the size of your wheels and current stance, I dont know if you can afford to lower your car on stock struts. Especially if they're from 2002. My advice is hold out until can afford both. What struts were you thinking about getting, KYBs or something more hardcore? Does anyone know of compatible struts from other cars for the LC?

Side note: I always thought 17's were overkill on an accent, but those Koings pull it off. Kudos.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There are no known struts which interchange.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Wait and buy the Ksports.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:34 PM

I was thinkin they KYBs, don't really want anything more than that honestly, and I know the struts are oldish, I was just hoping to ride with them till I got the new struts next spring. Haha, and the K-Sports I know I know, is it that much difference between coilovers and springs+struts honestly other than being adjustable?