Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Tires for my Elantra Hatch

Old 12-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Tires for my Elantra Hatch

My EGT appears to be running enough camber to slowly chew away at the tires. I rotated like I should and the stocks are about to be ready to change around 45k miles, but only because of the inside edge. Most of the tire looks good. Any good tires (looking for a decent grip tires with reasonable mileage and almost never deal with ice - just rain) that are a bit tougher on the inner edge to deal with camber? Did some research, but wanted to hear from those that used them on a car with a similar setup to mine. Small FWD with decent handling, etc.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

why not just get a proper alignment?
Old 12-07-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

^^Theres your answer.

But....I'd look at Nitto Neogens. They are specifically designed for lowered imports that have a problem with camber resulting in excessive inner tire wear after being lowered. I love mine. They wore even over the course of 20k miles, so well that I actually was able to resell them on craigslist!

Not sure if they will make much of a difference if you're a complete idiot with camber though.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Proper as in the factory specs that had it set like that from the start? On a suspension that doesn't come with adjustable camber? Not a huge fan of camber bolts and the wear isn't drastic. Any slightly tougher tire on that corner would deal with it and not dial out the fact it doesn't handle like crap. Ill get a pic to show what to stock rubber has done over 40+k miles with rotation. I could see it taken the inside edge pretty early for the tires. Very gradual. It will suck to have to replace them with so much of the tire still good. However, getting better rubber under it wont be a bad thing.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

No clue what your setup looks like man. Slight camber for performance or from lowering should see a considerable improvement with tire wear using the Nittos. That's what they are designed for. If youre Hella flush, well then good luck my man! Would actually love to see how good the Nittos hold up in that situation though!!!