Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Tire Balancing

Old 05-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually the fact that his tires are worn out on the inside means that his camber is way too negative. Check your alignment right after you put new tires on!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

about the over inflation, it was a problem before i added air. adding air was meant to solve some other issues. ive had vibrations since i bought the tires, i think theyve just always been f***ed up and i dont really care, im getting new one, new alignment and balancing, so it doesnt matter at all.

QUOTE (hamhead @ May 24 2005, 02:58 PM)
Yep... 32PSI always on tires. 40PSI is too high, and is why its worn.

Extreme mis-allignment can cause vibration, because its badly alligned and puts stress on the wheels themselves. Thats not a problem caused from running around and it eventually getting misalligned, that happens more often than not if you hit a curb going pretty fast and knock it way out of allignment.

Stop buying those damned Michelin XGV4s... they are garbage and overpriced. You could've bought a nice, good tire for $20 less a tire. And don't buy the stock size either... 195s are hard to find... I would've bought 205s. Much more cheap and common.

btw man, u are dead wrong, first i have traction t/a tires. second, i will go with what the mechanic who actually looked at tells me. the tires
Old 05-24-2005, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry I assumed you were still on stockers... I just associate high prices with those damned things. Secondly, you can go with different sizes with different rims. With the T/As, the prices are the same for all sizes pretty much, but with the XGV4s (back to my assumption) the 205s were $20 cheaper a tire than the 195s (stock size).

Make sure they put the hubcentric rings on... thats a classic vibration problem. And your right, sometimes tires are just f0x0red up... personally I would've taken them back to where I bought them (unless you bought over the 'net, at which point your screwed).
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM

i did take them to sears, and they were like but u turn to fast, i turn no faster than my friends who have the same tires and everything, but no problems. so i said f*** them and went someplace else. please excuse my language, just kinda pissed a sears.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, Sears must have messed up on the install or gave you extremely bad tires, because the Traction T/As are great on corners, I've been runnin gh tm on the GSX for a while now, with no problems, and they handle the power I put down very well.

"Turn to fast..." what the hell
---
On a side note, I always buy tires from small family business type places, even though they are more expensive. I payed $113 per T/A at a small place, compared to $90 at most Internet places or major companies like Sears. But I get the assurance that I get the proper balancing/tire warranty... and I get free balances every 3000 miles because I bought there.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:49 PM

^^ every word you speak is the truth, and f*** SEARS!!! im never shopping there for any reason ever again. taking advantage of a 18 year old by saying he corners to fast, wtf, how low can you go
Old 05-25-2005, 02:44 PM

bump

ok new tires did half the job, but im still shaking a good bit, not near as bad as before though. they only banlanced the front, maybe the back? or maybe something else i dont have any noise while turning so a bearing is out of the question.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:25 PM

they suppose to balance all 4 wheels...