Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Taking Off Captive Rotors

Old 11-22-2005, 10:18 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I dont know that more could be said, you got a bunch of pros on here man! Good luck, I've done this to two of my three tibs, and its obviously worth it.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 AM

When my backyard Mexican mechanic and I changed my captive rotors, the guy kept saying "piece of shit, piece of shit" atleaast 40-50 times. Funny, cause he can't speak much English.

Anyway, you will have to machine press the rotors off. Only way it'll work. Piece of shit.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Haha, you hve one of those too! Awesome, I'm at my friends apartments ALL the time and the assist. manager there is a dirty lil' mexican with an addiction for "pimpin his ride"

He's already got the spinner hub cabs on his focus and 5%limo tint ALL TEH WAY AROUND (including entire frotn windshield, lol...). Plus some of those gold metal things that hang out from just under the rear of your tires, used to help avoid scarping rims. Forgot what they are called, the idea is that THEY scrape the curb before your rims...and they're painted gold for bL!nG YoOO!

It's just funny cuz he has those^^, and spinner hub caps. LOL, if you scrape one they are like 5.99 at WalMart.

Anyway, ^^offtopic.gif

Are you replacing rotors with aftermarkets or just more stock rotors? I highly suggest you sell the captive rotors you bought to replace the ones on the car now, use the money to buy yourself NON-CAPTIVE rotors drlled and slotted from rotorpros/flyryde/eBay/whatever, and two wheel hubs, spindles and spindle nuts from the front of a non-captive tib. That way if you ever decide to go autocross for an entire day and pull your e-brake after racing...only to find your e-brake warped your glowing red rotors, it will be an easy swap.

...instead of going through what you are about to go through TWICE. Do the swap. drillsergeant.gif fing02.gif
Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 PM

well i just took it down to a local shop and they didn't do it for that much. i just didn't have the tools necessary to do it.

as for captive to non-captive. i hadn't really thought about that, this car is just for daily f***ing around in and getting to/from college. i doubt these rotors will be changed again...or for at least the life of this engine.

after college if its still around i'll probably do some cool things with it.