Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Suspension Going :( Need Some Advice

Old 08-06-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad.gif I'm still not sure what I want to do. I know I'm buying the new struts (kyb). But I'm still debating if I want to get the coils. I don't want to have to do my whole suspension again if the coils aren't good.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

It's good to work on your car man, even if you have to do something again. Chances are you'll get the bug and do this again with some lowering springs later anyway. Just get the Eibach Pro Dampers, they're cheap, they'll come to you, and they'll never be made again. Eibach is done with tib dampers. Your stock coils will do fine with the upgraded Dampers, and you'll only need to do it once. And stay away from the stupid spring compressors that you tighten with a socket, one on each side. Those friggin suck and ruin your pants, cause all you can do is squeeze the damn strut with your legs and alternate wrench on each side. Rent something better than that, and you'll be fine.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

^^^stupid spring compressors that you tighten with a socket are fine. Sorry if you had trouble Chris but I was wearing shorts and sandals and had no problem with them. Here's a picture but it obviously works best if you have two people as I did but I've compressed the springs the same way with no help and still in sandals and shorts. Also, its much easier and quicker if you have an impact wrench, just be very careful and smarter then the average bear...the sides need to be loosened/tightened evenly so go back and forth and only loosen/tighten about a half inch or so per side at a time.

look at those quick hands, lmao lmao.gif

Arch, as far as redoing your suspension I would do it all at once. Your front springs and struts are one assembly so you will take them off the car together and then take the spring off the strut. The back spring is only two or three bolts and your already working on the struts so you might as well just do it all at once.

Another thought is just go with coilovers. I'm in the same boat, my strut mounts are gone and my car slightly shakes/vibrates at high speeds. It's probably sitting a couple inches low even. So I'm weighing out the difference on whether to go with new shocks and springs or just go for coilovers. Adjustable coilovers is really where its at though man
Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Yup, best investment I ever made on the tib. Also I guess my spring compressor memories are from my noob days, but they still haunt me O_o
Old 08-06-2008, 07:28 PM

haha alrighty guys thanks for all the tips. I am doing this by myself... looks fairly simple.. If I can put in a clutch I can definitely do this fing02.gif
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

h&r springs are good...if i would have done it corret i would have gotten there entire kit...

it took me twice to do my struts forgot one of the spacers on the rear driver side mount...

also there is a DIY on the site for it as well that is what i referred to