Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Suspension Bushings

Old 05-16-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell All,

I am finally getting all the parts for the Tib together, I was thinking about changing the Suspension Bushings and was wondering if this was a necessary or worth-it mod or would I be wasting my time ?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:07 PM

I think it would be worth it if you have upgraded the rest of the suspension.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:10 PM

QUOTE (UltraTibby @ May 16 2005, 07:07 PM)
I think it would be worth it if you have upgraded the rest of the suspension.

I am trying to get a set of adjustable coilovers also.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:15 PM

How about sway bars and strut bars? I think the bushings would be really help fine tune everything if you had struts&springs or adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and strut bars.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:31 PM

^^^ Strut bars, yes. Sway bar, Next.

Thanks Ultra B)
Old 05-16-2005, 05:34 PM

Ultra is right, I had replace the bushings on my front and rear sway bars with polyurethane bushings on my Z28 and I definately noticed the difference as they are harder then stock and reduce flex, especially on hard launches. I think it's a good investement. The only problem with them is that they are notorious for squeeking. Unless you can find some polygraphite bushings which eliminate the squeeking problem.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:39 PM

I was thinking of getting the Ya-Ya ones from K-Spec
Old 05-16-2005, 06:20 PM

Those bushings are a little harder to install. They are the ones I thought you were talking about tho. While the poly bushings for the sway bars are an easy unbolt and pop on the rest of the bushings are mostly press out and press in. Where you planning on doing them yourself or getting a shop to do it?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:37 PM

QUOTE (CyberShark @ May 16 2005, 11:34 PM)
Ultra is right, I had replace the bushings on my front and rear sway bars with polyurethane bushings on my Z28 and I definately noticed the difference as they are harder then stock and reduce flex, especially on hard launches. I think it's a good investement. The only problem with them is that they are notorious for squeeking. Unless you can find some polygraphite bushings which eliminate the squeeking problem.

Yeah, and they are notorius with capitals, NOTORIUOS sqeaking in my case.

I bought the Whiteline swaybars and I am VERY HAPPY with the performance, but I need to take the rears out every month or so, my car sounds like an old piece of Shhhh...t if I don't, it's really embarrasing to go everyplace and have the car sounding like that. The problem is only on the rear though, I don't if it's because it moves more, or because those bushings are more exposed to water, because I have noticed whenever I wash the car from the lower part, and/or I go over water on the street, the next day they begin with the noise.
I saw somewhere oin the net that the H&R bars advertise their bushings do not sound, maybe they are polygraphite?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:13 PM

My rear bushings made sounds. Used white Litha Grease and been good for about 3 months now.