Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Struts?

Old 09-09-2004, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: EBC Greenstuff

Hey y'all. I've decided to quit autocrossing. Consequently, I'm putting the stock suspension back on the car. (Yes, the Quest coilover will be for sale once off the car). So my question is, what struts are available suitable for street driving? I know KYB...but does Monroe make struts for our cars? Sears? I've spent so much time thinking about performance parts I know nothing about regular parts...help?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Wiring harness w/aftermarket bulbs?

I know for a fact that Monroe makes struts for our car.

I work at a Sears Auto Center, and we have a part number listed for each corner of the car for Monroe struts. Our store doesn't stock them, and i'm sure none of the other ones do either. So, your best bet would be to call up a Sears and have them special order them for you...

so to answer your question. Yes, Monroe makes struts for us, and yes Sears can get them for you

PM me if you would like me to get these for you. i am able to get parts at a discount. you can paypal me some cash (i'll post 2morrow w/ Sears' selling price) and i could get them for you and ship them to you..... if you want, and have the ability to get these mounted up yourself. lemme know
Old 09-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Struts?

I actually got a price on Monroe struts today.

My friend works @ O'Reilly Auto Parts, and he can get me HIS price... which was about $54 per strut. He said the total with tax would be $234, but that was a heavily discounted price, so plan on spending a little more, but hopefully Sparticus can hook you up.

Would SEARS be willing to hook us up with a group buy?
Would Monroe struts be better than KYB? KYB are going for about $160 on EBay for all 4 right now.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Re: raffles

KYB and Monroe are both quality struts
Old 09-09-2004, 09:32 PM

Bilstein has a Touring strut available..This would be the best strut for regular driving but pricey
Old 09-09-2004, 10:03 PM

Default bent wheel

Sears is a company that only looks out for itself. luckily, i have a boss who will cut prices for me and also give me my employee discount.

since Sears is such a big company, any type of group buy would have to go through the coroporate offices, and something like that would be doubtful.

let me just tell you how much sears sucks:

i've been workin there for 2½ years now. i have consistantly averaged more than 32 hours pretty much every week since i've been there. 32 hours = legal full time. This summer, i've AVERAGED more than 50 hours due to us being shorthanded. However, Sears has a policy that if you are NOT available every hour of every day that the store is open, you don't get full time status. So, since i'm a full time student and have a picky schedule, i'm not able to get the benefits a full timer gets. HOWEVER... i still work like 35 hours every week. how can that be legal?!?! it fvckin sucks!!

but yea, anyways... i DOUBT i would be able to get any type of GB for us. i will, however, talk to my manager...
Old 09-10-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Review Section

long enough in between posts to double up...

i'm just writing to say that i forgot i wasn't working today, so i can't get a price for you. i'll do it 2morrow
Old 09-10-2004, 11:08 AM

If you are looking for stock struts and springs I have a set that just came off of my 01 Tib. They are in good shape and only have 50k miles on them. Drop me a PM if you are interested and we can talk about a price!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default FS: Stock 01 Tib Parts

I'm not looking for stock springs/struts...I still have mine that came off the car. I am looking for brand of struts that meet OEM requirements. The list so far is pretty short:

Monroe Sensa-trac
KYB GR2
Old 09-10-2004, 12:34 PM

I believe the EiBach strut and spring combo meets or exceds the OEM specs