Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Staggered Wheels

Old 11-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 Tiburon
Default Staggered Wheels

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but you guys would probably know. What are the advantages of staggering the wheels on a tiburon? I can see on a RWD using larger tires in the rear to help with traction but on a FWD the rears aren't the ones spinning under power. I'm looking at upgrading to 17x8 or 18x8. Would there be a benefit to using a 9inch on the rear or would 8inch all around work. I don't race much(maybe once, twice year) but do drive hard through winding roads.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I believe fitting 18x8 would be difficult without some minor work, depending on offset of course. I see no benefit to running staggered on a Tiburon, I also see zero benefit running 18s. For the Tiburon, 17s look fine and would provide more performance if you keep them light.

Sorry, I wrote this thinking of the RD Tiburon. I don't know the wheel well fitment in a GK. 18s probably fit fine. I wouldn't go 9 inches wide though.