Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

SR Hydraulic Suspension System (big pics)

Old 05-12-2003, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR Hydraulic Suspension System (big pics)

Here's the new hydraulic system that we will be selling soon. It's a very nice system... We've had a guy from the US visit us last week, who is an expert in this field, and he feels that this is one of the best systems he's ever seen.

Old 05-12-2003, 01:15 PM

Wow, thats really nice, does it work for the other model tiburons too, or just the new one. Do you have an estimated cost. thanks
Old 05-12-2003, 03:42 PM

Sam: Will this system be on display in the Korea branch?

I want to see this smile.gif
Old 05-12-2003, 03:58 PM

Yup, that's my car, and that is in front of our office, so you'll be able to see it when you visit.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hey, I've been there!

lol

Lookin good Sam.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Interesting. Ok...MANY questions. I have expert knowledge when it comes down to hydraulics, so these questions or more or less geared to other people who might have similiar questions:

1) I see large fluid lines. I take it this system is completely oil based since you refered to it as hydraulics?

2) What size oil tank/pumps are you running?

3) How many solenoids does the system consist of?

4) Are there accumulators for ride quality?

5) IF it's AIR based, and not oil based, then it's a custom air suspension. Not hydraulics. If this is the case, then what size air lines are you running?

6) What size compressor?

7) Is it 100% duty free?

8) What size air tanks?

9) Does the system contain presure gauges?

10) What are the brackets made out of?

11) It looks like a shockwave design where the strut is built into the cylinder. However, it also looks like there's a custom fabricated perch to house a spring. In hydraulics, you use a custom spring that you cut down which alows the car to lay low. That would be the case if this was hydraulics. If it is air, then can you show a better close up of how they designed the perch for the spring?

12) Hydraulics have a tendency to leak if you a) have bad fittings, cool.gif use the wrong kind of oil, c) have bad pumps d) have bad dumps/valves. With AIR, you have leaks if you have a) bad lines cool.gif bad fittings, c) bad compressor d) bad pressure switch. Are you having any leaks at all with your system?

13) Hydraulics have to be welded since the cylinders are attached to what's called a "cup" and a "donut." How does the quality of the system hold up to the welds? Air suspension can be bolted in with the new kits on the markets, as long as you have strong brackets that allow them to do so. Is your system welded in or bolted in?

14) With alot of hydraulic applications, you have to cut away the rear inner fender panels for your ride to low, and to get the cylinders welded in. Alot of times, a "bridge" has to be welded in as well to hold the cylinders in. With Air, you have to trim the back inner fender panel as well so you don't get any rubbing. How much trimming or cutting did you have to do?

15) With hydraulics, you have to use a number of deep cycle batteries for the system to work well. How many are you using to power everything? Since hydraulic systems are based off of a 24 volt operation, it's important that you have good solenoids, or a solenoid block to help prevent the pump from frying itself. With an air suspension, you can se the stock battery, but again...you need good solenoids or else the system won't be very efficient.

16) In Hydarulics, you have to rebuild your pumps at least once a month to keep them running smoothly and efficient. This basically consists of taking everything apart, cleaning the dumps and valves, using new oil, and plumbing the system. With an air suspension, you SHOULD keep a good filter in place on the compressor at least once every couple of months.

That's all that I can think of for now. If I come up with any other questions, I'll post them up.

[ May 13, 2003, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Visionz ]
Old 05-13-2003, 12:31 AM

Ummm, yeah.

How about giving Boogy a chance to explain/give us the details of the setup before you go peppering him with your many, EXPERT, questions. rolleyes.gif
Old 05-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Hootie:
Ummm, yeah.

How about giving Boogy a chance to explain/give us the details of the setup before you go peppering him with your many, EXPERT, questions.
fyou_hap

I wasn't being a jerk. Sorry if it came that way. They were questions/comments that would further help explain his set up for people who may not know alot about this type of suspension. wink

[ May 13, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Visionz ]
Old 05-13-2003, 01:22 AM

Visionz:
Hootie:
Ummm, yeah.

How about giving Boogy a chance to explain/give us the details of the setup before you go peppering him with your many, EXPERT, questions. rolleyes.gif
fyou_hap

I wasn't being a jerk. Sorry if it came that way. They were questions/comments that would further help explain his set up for people who may not know alot about this type of suspension. wink
Aight. wink suicide