Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Springs and shocks

Old 03-20-2004, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: na

I am planning to purchasing some lowering springs. Does anyone know if i will encounter any problem if i use them with my stock shocks?

I am running on 17" rims.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:13 AM

i think the main factor will be how many miles they have on them, if you are near or above 50k, just go ahead and do the STRUTS when you have the springs off, i don't think most people got more than 10k after installing just springs after dropping the car.

of course the amount you drop it will also have an effect on how long the stock struts last.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:34 PM

basically.. this falls into the "while you are there" catagory... the bane of older car owners everywhere.. Seriously though, replace the struts if they have some miles.. by doing it when everything is apart, you are basically only paying for the parts... if you do it in 10,000 miles, you will be doubling the labor.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:17 AM

QUOTE (mourning)
I am planning to purchasing some lowering springs. Does anyone know if i will encounter any problem if i use them with my stock shocks?

I am running on 17" rims.

OEM struts will last no longer than more than like 6 months.
OEM struts were not made to compress so much and travel so little