Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Springs And Rims

Old 10-25-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

Ok, so I'm looking at Motegi rims, among others. I was wondering if I should go with 16 or 17 inch rims, and then I wondered about the lowering springs.... wanted to get the H&R springs, and they lower the front 1.6" and the rear 1.5". That's all lfine and dandy, but are my rims going to fit on with that big of a drop? Like 17" rims with the H&R's. The Eibachs offer a 1.2" drop front and back. Whats your guys suggestions?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:22 PM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

I believe the eibach prokit should work with out any major problems (i've been told that they will even work with 18's).

Not to steal the thread, but can anybody confirm that the eibach prokit 1.2 inch drop will work with 18's?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 PM

Guys, both of you... please SEARCH.
I don't mean to be rude with you, and I am not even a moderator, but seriously, there are probably 20 threads about this single question you are asking... I myself have answered this matter with a lot of patience and willing to help with long posts AT LEAST 3 times... and several other members have done the same so...
If you don't search what happens is we get the forums full of repeated information and searching becomes more difficult and time consuming for new members.
Please search and after that, if you still have doubts post again so we can clarify any remaining doubt.
(and to get you started, the drop on the Eibachs is not what the publish exactly... 18's could fit but are not recommended because.............)
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

Blizaga, Im really not trying to steal this thread from you (again).

zman, it is very hard to limit the search on this site down to find lowering springs and 18 inch rims in one topic (because of how the search function looks for exact phrases). I did manage to find a few posts that said 18's and eibach's work together w/o problem, but they were from members with a post amount lower than mine, so i was looking for a second opinion. thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'll leave this open, but zman is right. there are similar posts about the same topic including mine nana.gif

you're in chicago? think about what you're going to be driving on. winters over there, take it from me bro we get very mild winters here and i've driven on my 17's with race tires. slammed into a curb the first try, it's like, "op nope you can't do that have fun replacing that for the next year"

go with 17's, go with eibach if it's a daily driver. if you really are that much into going crazy on every turn and want to risk blowing some struts you take go with the H+R. 17's are bad enough on potholes. it's your preference, you want style and a bumpy ride 17's. you want performance, easy ride with a little less style go with 16's.

i don't feel like closing this right now, but i'll close it if it gets really obvious wink1.gif this matter really doesn't need to keep going on and on, you have everything you need in search, struts, springs, suspension. if you have trouble searching please get back to me and i'll help you find something.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: car

I went through 9 pages of posts, and used the search option. All I've heard was opinions on whether or not 17"s without a body kit look dumb or not. I'd like to get 16"s and H&R springs. Is this going to look good or bad, will it rub, will it fill out my car enough, etc? Please don't lock this post, I'd just like to know if I'm going to wreck my sh!t before I buy this stuff.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

alright, we'll get you some help then. if i were you i'd get the eibach pro-kit springs and their struts. any lowering on stock struts will wear them out quick although if you don't want to spend that much money then i'd suggest getting some ebay KYB-GR2's. i had one on my car and they're really durable. in chicago you don't want a stiff ride.

it's your choice on 17's. 16's in my opinion don't make the car stand out as agressive as 17's do. that to me is what makes me happy and seeing those nice BMW's and corvettes, porsches and ferraris, rally cars fitted with 17's that's what i got.

it's a bumpy ride sometimes, but it's hardly a difference from stock. i'd say steering sensitivity is worsened a little but it doesn't bother me one bit. when you get 17's you keep the same proportions of wheel as your stock rims. nothing changes. the most we can go in terms of tire size from 195/55/r15 is 215/40/17 without any rubbing any fenderwalls. the tires become thinner and stronger but their tirewall has not changed. i have eibach springs and it's really quite the comfortable ride. they're very tense so they have a quick recovery and feel really exactly what i was looking for.

car after drop:

if you don't want to spend a lot of money, try those new nex coilovers ajay just got from ebay. they're quite new and none of use besides him have tried them out, but i'd take his word they do look nice and they are a 1.5/6 inch drop.

i don't know about 1.5+ drops, but i have no problems with rubbing with my rims. it's quite the setup for the city. tiburons are generally small weak cars, they're not midsize so they won't take bumps very good.