Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Shopping For Lugnuts

Old 01-15-2007, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have some aftermarket 17 inch wheels. And when i took them off for the winter some of my lugnuts were stripped or damaged. So im looking into getting a new set ordered or picking them up at a local wheel shop. Im just curious to see what everyone else is using and to get some pros and cons on lugnuts. Also the ones i had where the hex head key insert and i dont like that style. Any suggestions?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Discount Tire put a nice set on with my new wheels. They take a key, but it's the socket kind that fits over the lug nut and attatches to a ratchet/lug wrench/torque wrench. Capped, polished, and they hold the tires on...
Old 01-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Go to Discount Tire/ America's Tire and get a set of Gorilla Lugs for your car.

I got the Spline Drives (18 Lugs - 4 each wheel + 2 extra), Chrome, Open ended, with 2 Keys + Installed for $20.00.

I got the open ended ones since I have covers over my lugs, but it was a great deal.

Also, I recommend picking up a Gorilla extending lug wrench. Only 12 bux, super tough and works for anything. One of the best things I've bought.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Gorilla Lugs are what I would suggest. I have a set and they seem awesome, but I haven't used them yet

I have ICW Tuner Lugs and love them. They're great for aftermarket rims because the key goes on the inside of the lugnut not around it.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:05 PM

I had the spline drives on my old tib for years.. never ever had a problem with them
Old 01-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Spline drive are the lugs that have the oval indententions around the sides right? I think i may get something like that. I really want something that is gonna last through frequent tire removal. And will last a few years hopefully. The open styled ones that i had were kinda cheap i think, but i dont know cuz they came with my wheels. And i may look into those ICW lugs also.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:11 PM

Spline drives are great. And if you buy then from America's Tire... if you have a problem, like your key breaks, they will replace it for you.

Yes, they have the little rounded nubs around the outside of the lug.

They call them "Small Diameter" but they are the Spline Drives.
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/products/?sfID...9&sfID2=252

They also have Hex, internal driven lugs.
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/products/?sfID...9&sfID2=254
Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 PM

just remember to buy REAL spline drives. I tried the cheaper ones and the key split the first time I used it.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

a good thing to look into would be light weight lugs, they're expensive but it takes unsprung rotational weight off of your wheels. make sure to get a good set though (i heard the aluminum ones are pretty much one time use. so stray away from those) click this those are made from vanadium which from what i remeber correctly is the same material most car springs are made of.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:48 PM

I am not sure about that one above, but most light weight lug nuts are very easy to break and stuck in the wheel hubs and stuff and can cost you a lot of money~!